NOC Technician (F5)
9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
NOC Technician (F5)
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A top client of ours is presently looking for (2) NOC Technician’ s with experience troubleshooting and diagnosing F5 hardware and software issues. Candidate will participate on a team that works 12 hour shifts.
- Shift 1 will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday every other Wednesday.
- Shift 3 will be Thursday, Friday Saturday and every other Wednesday
You will be responsible for:
This role is part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and performance of the enterprise network, specifically centered on application load balancing related to F5 technologies. This position will provide operational and vendor oversight on problem determination and problem resolution for application load balancing problems within the enterprise data network. This person will be responsible for driving problems to resolution through methodical troubleshooting and by working with our network support vendor. This position will ensure high quality service delivery through daily monitoring of F5' s performance, responsiveness to problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels. A person in this role is expected to respond to high impact issues on their shift.
- Provide tier I/tier II support for network load balancing systems and infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnosis F5 hardware and software issues.
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Work with internal teams to provide solutions for identified system vulnerabilities.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Hands-on experience with F5 load balancers and knowledge of load balancing technologies.
- Understanding of different F5 device types, physical and virtual.
- Experience with automation\scripting (Python, PHP, MySQL, Ansible)
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations including NAT and ACLs.
- Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Provide periodic performance reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives.
- Support of new changes and modification to existing applications and services, as related to F5 configurations
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least three, typically five or more years’ experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!