NOC Technician (Voice/Video)
9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
NOC Technician (Voice/Video)
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- Shift work: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday from 6: 45am to 7: 00pm.
A Health Insurance company is presently looking for a NOC Technician who will be responsible for the day to day monitoring of the Voice and Video Systems for connectivity, availability and functionality.
You will be responsible for:
- Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, assist with the design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- May support the design, analysis, development and/or implementation phase of engineering infrastructure solutions for small projects.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- May assist in the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems, and pilots of new technology involving server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, or output/receiving.
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring of Voice\Video and Data systems for connectivity, availability and functionality. Specific focus will be the monitoring of the voice infrastructure platforms Cisco CUCM Voice and Telepresence clusters through monitoring tools.
- Identify, diagnose and escalate problems to higher tier support groups, ISP' s or other support staff based on NOC process when unable to resolve the issue.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco Emergency Responder and Jabber in enterprise deployments. This includes management of endpoints and user accounts in large-scale systems.
- Understand change control procedures and service management tool HP Service Manager (HPSM).
- Accurately log and document NOC incidents as they occur into HPSM
- Lead voice service outage bridges to assist in isolation and resolution of Priority 1 incidents.
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Research and resolve level 1 support tickets in the NOC HPSM ticket queues.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Possess ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond under pressure
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of IP, Routers, Switching basics
- Responsibilities include:
- Experience with voice gateways: MGCP, SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1, analog FXO/FXS
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in dial plan designs and implementation.
- Solid experience with various client applications integration such as Cisco Jabber
- Experience with voice carrier systems from – Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Windstream.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience with configuration and support of SBC' s is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least two, typically four or more years of experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience. This is a baseline of the role duties and requirements and is not all inclusive.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Avid New York Sports fan: Rangers, Yankees, and Giants, Big movie and TV fan: especially Gangster films (Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time), Avid skier
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!