1 Barnes and Noble Way Monroe Township, NJ 08831 | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Network Architect
- Location: Cranbury, NJ
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: Based upon experience
Are you looking to continue to advance and grow your career with a great well known company? We have the opportunity for you! We are looking for a Network Architect or Sr. Network Engineer to work in a full time direct capacity with our client in the Central, NJ area. Close to major highways.
- Must have very strong routing and switching skills
- Must have experience with Cisco Nexus switches
- Must have strong Firewall and VPN skills
- Must have F5 and SD WAN experience
The Network Architect will be required to identify and evaluate high level enterprise business requirements, analyze the as-is network and systems environment, and design a future network architecture that is reliable, scalable and supportable. This position requires leadership abilities to provide direction to technical network resources on multiple projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate will also be proficient with budgeting, planning, and project methodologies.
Overall day-to-day IT management to include but not restricted to:
- Working with team members on major projects, network designs and planning.
- Working with F5 GTM, LTM, ASM, iRules.
- Working with ASA and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Working with BGP and EIGRP route redistributions and troubleshooting
- Working with InfoBlox on DNS, DHCP and IP address management
- Working with Cisco Meraki SD WAN and wireless platform
- Train network staff on projects knowledge, network skills, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Rotating on call schedule during off-hours
The successful candidate will design and implement enterprise solutions focused in the areas of network (LAN, WAN, Wireless) and data center technologies. This role works closely with other engineers and architects to develop technical platform summary documents, strategic roadmaps and to implement new technologies as part of large-scale lifecycle programs and enterprise key initiatives.
- Lead the strategy for network architecture and network services to support data, voice, video, telephony, and other network dependent technologies
- Continuously identify simplification opportunities in the infrastructure’ s technical business processes and driving these efforts to completion
- Design and recommend network solutions to integrate with current and planned infrastructure
- Provide advice and consulting support to the project teams directly or through team members
- Clean up existing network routing structure, and consolidate network hardware and software.
- Build and maintain technical documentation including technical platform summary documents and strategic roadmaps
- At least 8 years of experience in network engineering strategy, architecture, design, and implementation as applied to complex computing systems
- Minimum 15 years network experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working with Cisco routing and switching technologies, Cisco or Meraki wireless implementations, including data center network design
- Experience architecting complex, secure networks for infrastructure involving Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, or FortiNet
- Experience in developing dynamic networks with infrastructure redundancy, and network link diversity to ensure high availability and disaster recovery. SW WAN experience a plus.
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Deep comprehension of networking concepts including network design principles, data flow determination, BGP and EIGRP routing, switching, VLANs, IP addressing, etc.
- Solid understanding of advanced networking technologies, virtualization technologies, and solutions including virtual route forwarding, virtual device contexts, multicast routing, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, F5 GTM/LTM/ASM, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization, etc.
- Understanding data center networking equipment including Nexus 9K / 7K / 5K/ 2K series data center switches, catalyst series switches, Cisco routers, DR integration, etc.
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is desired (Solarwinds, Splunk, etc.)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Solid understanding of layered network and security protocols including:
- Layer 2 – Ethernet, ARP, STP, VTP, VPC, MEC, LACP, PAGP, DOT1Q
- Layer 3 - OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, ICMP, ESP (IPSEC), IP
- Layer 4 - TCP, UDP
- Layer 5 / 6 - SSL, TLS, SSH
- Layer 7 - FTP, HTTP, DNS
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Math, Physics or Engineering
- Advanced degree
- Network Certifications such as CCNP / CCIE, F5-CTS/F5-CSE, or similar
If you or someone you know would be interested in this wonderful opportunity - please contact your dedicated IT Talon recruiter today to learn more! Referral bonus offered and paid! Excellent company benefits available.
Fun Facts: Loves to cook, Beach bum, Future Dog owner.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!