Network Engineer I
250 Oak Ridge Road Oak Ridge, NJ 07438 | Direct Hire
- Job Title: Network Engineer
- Status: Direct Hire
- Location: Rockaway, NJ
- Remote: No
We are currently looking for an experienced Network Engineer to provide initial design, implementation, optimization, administration and technical documentation of all enterprise infrastructure systems. This position will play a critical role in solutions for vastly complex problems that generally require in-depth analysis and creative thinking where innovation and a wide range of autonomy for decision making is required. The Network Engineer identifies errors that are often difficult to detect and performs root cause analysis in finding resolution to problems that typically lack precedent. You will provide oversight for the development and implementation of procedures that ensure systems support the company' s business requirements, meet compliance/security requirements and meet the needs of end users. You will be responsible for the research, recommendation, development, and integration of new technologies to meet the goals and strategic initiatives of the organization. Additionally, you will provide recommendations for IT budgetary consideration and assists with written justification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implementation, administration and optimization of various enterprise technologies including, but not limited to Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint, Vmware, Citrix, SAN' s, routing, switching, voice, VPN, wireless and Exchange.
- Validate and install system patches and updates.
- Configure system alerts and perform routine health checks.
- Perform trend analysis and predict upgrades required to keep systems performing optimally.
- Design, implementation and administration of data replication, recovery technologies and system backups.
- Design and implementation of disaster recovery plans and disaster recovery quality assurance tests for the server, voice and LAN/WAN infrastructure to ensure business continuity.
- Development and implementation of anti-virus, anti-spam, host-based firewalls, Internet content filtering, data loss prevention, patch management and various other security elements.
- Development and maintenance of strategies for managing and ensuring all enterprise systems are within vendor defined licensing and support compliance parameters.
- Serve as a liaison between internal business units and outside vendors to effectively engineer and implement infrastructure modifications that further support the strategic initiatives of the company and resolve issues.
- Analyze the needs of departments and recommend priorities for the deployment of new enterprise systems and solutions.
- Define system requirements and technical baselines based on organizational needs, costs, and required integration with existing applications, systems or platforms.
- Develop, test and implement prototypes where a required solution is either nonexistent or unobtainable.
- Responsible for compliance with all Federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act.
- Qualified candidate will be or possess:
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- 5 years of experience with Citrix, VMWare, LAN/WAN, SAN' s and Windows Server infrastructure
- Drive and ability to provide outside-the-box solutions
- Strong working knowledge of the following programs/applications:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Cisco IOS
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Perform tasks causing service interruptions during non-business hours
- Willingness and ability to participate in the on-call rotation.
- Willingness and ability to travel as may be necessary
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training
- Knowledge and experience with management methodologies.
- Excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with senior level staff in the planning and budgeting for hardware and software.
- Superior attention to detail.
If you or someone you know would be a good fit for this position, excellent location and company benefits offered as well as a referral bonus available.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!