Network Operations Manager
650 5th Ave, Floor 12 New York, NY 10019 | Direct Hire
- Position: Network Operations Manager
- Location: NYC
- Salary Range: Open dependent upon experience
- Remote Option: None
A cutting-edge technology company is presently looking for a Network Operations Manager to add to their growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to widen their technical knowledge.
You will be managing their national network and be responsible for implementation, administration, analysis, maintenance, and reporting. Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure, you will apply solid technical, business, and problem solving skills to deliver a robust, highly available, and scalable network infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Manage critical telecommunications vendors, partners, and service providers to ensure high quality and cost-effective services
- Monitor network utilization, availability, and capacity, and use that data to inform ongoing operations, capacity planning, SLA reporting, and vendor management
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life-cycle management, and related documentation
- Develop and communicate reports for Network health, outages, KPI' s and Routine Maintenance with upper level management
- Develop and standardize monitoring, alerting, and support escalations for all network services
- Identify, install and maintain upgrades to the network
- Manage day-to-day ticket queues for effective change management
- Develop, refine, and document policies, processes, procedures, and associated network requirements and drive their implementation and use
- Develop and maintain documentation of network design and implementation
- Design, review, and approve application and network designs to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and security best practices
- Coordinate and conduct routine operational support meetings, including review of outages, training, etc.
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for network improvements (identifying single point failures, hardware improvements and/or diversification opportunities)
- Facilitate escalations and troubleshooting calls
- Provide day-to-day support of the LAN, WAN, and WLAN network
- Perform scheduled and emergency network maintenance
- Perform internal audits and reviews to ensure compliance with all security policies and procedures which includes internal penetration and vulnerability scans
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of experience with networking and security technologies
- Strong Meraki or similar centrally managed distributed networking infrastructure experience
- Experience with automating network administration using APIs and software development practices
- Experience with AWS or similar IaaS cloud offerings
- Knowledge of diagnostic networking tools (i.e. reading a packet capture)
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring applications (Splunk, Solarwinds, Nagios)
- Experience performing network security assessments and audits and a strong understanding of IT Governance Controls
- Experience in the setup, tuning, and management of security appliances (next gen firewalls, IPS/IDS, ACS, web filters)
- Bachelor’ s degree in technology related field or equivalent experience
- Retail or PoS environment support extremely helpful
- Relevant industry certifications (CCSP, CCNP, CCWP)
- Technical writing experience
- Experience in WAN design, implementation, and security
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!