Network Security Engineer
Hennepin County, MN 55344
Network Security Engineer
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- 2 positions available
Our client, a Health Insurance company, is presently looking for 2 Network Security Engineers who have a strong background working with firewalls.
You will be responsible for:
As a member of the Network Services team you will help build and manage network technologies that will connect employees with its customers, put resources in the hands of the health professionals who need them and help them play its part in the future of healthcare.
The Security Engineer will be responsible for the overall technical architecture and design of network security. In this capacity, the Security Engineer will perform discovery, business case development, and definition of client issues, and design, document and present corresponding technical solutions. Responsibilities cover security design for all major initiatives and projects related to their Voice, Data and Contact Center-related projects. The office responsibilities also include evaluation of next-generation and complementary technologies for adoption, such as cloud security and the ongoing optimization of architecture and design for continuous improvement of security and cost reduction. As such, the Security Engineer should possess the knowledge and skills to design world-class solutions using leading-edge technologies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, managing and participating in the diagnosis (current state), detailed design (future state) and deployment of security processes and technologies across network
- Assist the office in strategic security engineer planning and optimization, budget forecasting, process implementation, and integration
- Manage and oversee the implementation of technology infrastructure security standards
- Collaborate closely with other teams; find and leverage subject matter experts for required technical or business needs
- Support individuals in the Data and Voice Services teams working on individual projects to ensure alignment with overall security goals
- Verify the security architecture implementation conforms with enterprise blueprints
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies, perform evaluation, and make recommendations to leadership team for incorporation into architectural vision
- Participate in yearly budget planning, collect and refine project-specific budget
- Facilitate teams in installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all security-related components
- Responsible for working incident tickets as well as project activities related to network security initiatives.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and forming teams for security development
- Automation of processes to achieve tasks more efficiently
Stakeholder and Line of Business Alignment
- Serve point of contact for Network Services interaction with Information Protection (CIP)
- Engage and collaborate with Data/Voice teams to review business needs and network strategies, and prepare for necessary changes
- Responsibility for maintaining relationships and communications with senior technology and business leaders on matters relating to network security.
- Business to business connectivity affecting multiple lines of business areas using site to site VPN
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required
- CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional) certification
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert), or JNCIE (Juniper Networks Certified Internetworking Expert) certification or Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE), Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
- CCA (Cisco Certified Architect) or certification preferred
- ITIL certification or similar experience in a delivery or service design role
Knowledge & Experience (Preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry, with specific expertise in network security
- 5+ years of experience in network security
- Experience with federal, state and other regulations governing healthcare information (e.g., HIPAA)
- Experience in business process re-engineering
- Experience working in an outsourced managed services environment
- Mastery of security protocols and implementations including IPSec, NAT, ACLs
- Mastery of firewall technology (Cisco, ASA, Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet etc.)
- Mastery of IPSEC Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Mastery of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Managers (SIEMs)
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) platform experience preferred (Arbor)
- Advanced knowledge in design of LAN and WAN solutions, including a strong working knowledge of data network equipment (routers, switches, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of routing and switching protocols, BGP, VLAN fundamentals etc.
- Advanced knowledge of IT architecture standards and governance, with appropriate industry certifications
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Loves to cook, Beach bum, Future Dog owner.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!