9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
- Position: Oracle DBA with Security
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 12 months+
- REMOTE or CT location
Our client is looking for an Oracle DBA who preferably has background in security and general database knowledge. This position is responsible for security, stability, standardization and documentation for multiple database platforms with a heavy focus on Oracle. A strong understanding of general database security principals is required. Requires the ability to understand and remediate database vulnerabilities while ensuring stability and availability of critical database systems. Candidate will coordinate, communicate and lead delivery of diverse projects utilizing Agile development life cycle while maintaining production support standards. Some responsibilities include:
- Working with our clients Information Protection team utilizing database monitoring and vulnerability reporting. GUARDIUM DAM, GUARDIUM VA) Independently analyze, assess, communicate and document database vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate with application teams as part of database remediation.
- Independently assess risk and level of remediation effort.
- Review and develop policies, standards, and best practices for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle database management and familiarity
- 5+ with UDB, SYBASE, DB2, z/OS and Sql Server RDBMS years of IT experience; EXCEL, OUTLOOK, etc. highly skilled and typically requires a bachelor' s degree.
- Experience with database monitoring /vulnerability reporting tools (Guardium) Ability to work independently and communicate across teams.
- Maintain a positive attitude in high pressure situations, with good conflict management, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and address issues in a timely fashion in an agile environment.
- Proactively identify and lead improvements to ensure security and stability in database environments Ability to develop strong working relationships across the organization while driving database security standardization solutions across multiple database platforms.
- Experience with scripting and automation techniques a plus.
- Education: 5+ years of IT experience; EXCEL, OUTLOOK, etc. highly skilled and typically requires a bachelor' s degree.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.