70 Hudson St, Hudson County, NJ 07302
Job Title: Project Manager
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $125, 000 + 7% Bonus
- Remote Option: N/A
- Location: Hudson County
Our client is looking for a Project Manager to add to their team. Looking for an an equal balance of Project Management and Business Analysis experience within the finance industry with ability to be assertive and push projects to successful completion, provision of training to end users, is personable, can articulate well, give solid examples, not basic text book answers, can acknowledge their faults and can overcome challenges
- Communicates clearly and concisely, presents ideas in user-friendly language and has strong presentation, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good working knowledge of planning, project management, budgeting, and quality assurance as it relates to business process and software development projects.
- Ability to lead other Project Managers, software developers, architects, or analysts.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Strong working knowledge of Operations applications.
- Intermediate working knowledge of project management techniques and one or more Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Demonstrated familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project and Clarity.
- Good understanding of design and development of distributed applications and Object Oriented (OO) analysis and design.
- Familiar with the concepts, applications and terminology relating to the use of Database Management System’ s (DBMS), Operating Systems, Data Warehousing and/or Business Intelligence within an organization.
- Strong understanding of Systems Analysis/Design and/or Business Process Work Flow.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision, exercise initiative and be self-directed.
- Ability to write detailed business and functional requirements documents.
- Ability to draft process flow documents using Visio software.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to create and make presentations of solutions/ supporting documentation to senior level management.
- Ability to evaluate and document operations risk inherent in new or existing operations processes.
- Ability to write accurate procedures in the standard format.
- Strong understanding of User Acceptance Testing methods and practices.
- Ability to write, track, follow and execute formal test plans / test scripts for User Acceptance Testing related to system upgrades and implementations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the key Operations functions and the respective IT/business applications supporting these functions
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, including the management and primary responsibility of all project phases with emphasis in supporting back-office product processing systems and internet delivery of products and services.
- Skilled in the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of vendor supplied solutions.
- Project Lead on at least 2 medium to large departmental level projects
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in the financial industry or equivalent preferred.
- Gather, define and validate Business Requirements from various groups, including outside vendors, to produce a complete Business Requirements Document (BRD) containing appropriate controls and risk mitigation strategies.
- Produce supporting documentation to the BRD; Visio flows, Excel exhibits, etc.
- Draft Functional Requirements Document (FRD) with the IT / Systems Group Responsible for user acceptance testing efforts to support maintenance fixes and components of project related functionality including any warehouse BI efforts.
- Perform evaluation of vendor software packages when required to complete an assigned project.
- Negotiate proposals, review and execute contracts with proposed vendors.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule daily activities of project team members.
- Liaise with Operations business units and project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Provide the necessary project management and control to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of all assigned projects.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Perform the appropriate level of analysis, design, and implementation of assigned projects.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Design and implement requested enhancements to current and new systems requested by Operations.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recommendations to senior level PM if necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate project personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Assist with development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide management with timely weekly and monthly project status updates.
- Review and provide feedback on vendor contracts.
- Provide guidance and assist in the development, tracking and reporting of metrics for projects, and ongoing business functions within Operations – maximizing the utilization of BI processes and tools.
- Provide guidance and assume a lead role with business units on database management, design and sourcing for business functions in conjunction with IT/BI efforts.
- Plan, guide and participate in data structure, organization, data cleansing and metadata definition efforts.
- Provide expert assistance to Operations business units in the definition and design of automated reporting and database querying.
- Ensure that multiple concurrent projects across Operations are orchestrated such that common resource dependencies are effectively shared, project plans are aligned to avoid conflicts and delays, and cross project dependencies are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Assist Group Head with prioritizing, justifying and planning systems initiatives for Operations Group.
- Identify and evaluate potential opportunities to improve the service provided to Member institutions through the use of technology.
- Educate internal IT staff on business processes.
- Participate in efforts required to carry out the Operations Group Contingency and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Participate in professional development and knowledge sharing activities
- Actively participate on various other process-related project teams and BI-related committees.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Regular contact and direct involvement with all areas of technical and Operations personnel as well as Project Leadership and Advisory Committees.
- Direct contact with software and other vendors and consultants. Frequent contact with industry professionals. Some contact with customers and other units.
- Medical/Dental/Vision - HSA subsidy up to $850/year, $1700 for family
- 401K, 6% Match
- Pension Plan, non contributory
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 8K per degree
- Certification Coverage
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!