QA Testing Manager
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
QA Testing Manager
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A Health Insurance company is presently seeking a QA Testing Manager for their Hartford County CT location. Hours are generally 8am – 5pm and weekend migrations. There is flexibility in work schedule to accommodate weekend migrations.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of infrastructure project/program testing for infrastructure upgrades, migrations, and infrastructure investment projects delivered using agile methods.
- This oversight includes all phases of testing and participation on the core project release train team.
- This role will be accountable for high quality test planning and execution oversight across multiple applications, business areas, and infrastructure teams as well as management of external vendor partner testing.
- The test manager will identify risks, create and follow through on risk mitigation activities using creativity while meeting overall standards and best practices.
- Individual will have senior leadership exposure for issue resolution, risk mitigation, and testing status.
- Individual will partner with multiple application teams, business areas, projects/programs and production releases to identify collisions and associated remedies.
- Ability to create test strategies for large scale strategic projects and highly integrated infrastructure portfolios.
- Delivery of test phase management across impacted asset owning organizations for upgrades, migrations, and infrastructure investment projects, including performance and volume testing requirements.
- Ability to drive execution of project testing direction while applying Enterprise Quality Management processes throughout the SDLC.
- Ability to manage projects in a heavily matrixed environment including planning, driving results, status reporting and risk / issue management.
- Participate in root cause resolution activities.
- Ensures test scripts are documented, reported and tracked in the appropriate tools.
- Ability to influence quality of project delivery through quality assurance and application of specialized testing techniques (usability, automation, performance, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: problem solving, decision making, written and oral communications along with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to generate status reporting using established tool suite.
- Identifies and implements process improvements through lean methods.
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferable.
- Previous knowledge of clients infrastructure QA process is preferred.
- Experience with SAFe agile and other project management disciplines and methodology.
- Experience with Rally and other project management tool sets.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years experience in an infrastructure systems quality environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY
- ISSUE MANAGEMENT
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- QA PROCESS
- TEST PLANNING / SCRIPTS
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.