Rates/Credit Electronic Trading Java Developer
309 W 49th St. New York County, NY 10019
- Status: Long-term contract to hire OR full-time
- Hourly Target Range: Open for the right candidate
- Remote Option: None
Our client is seeking a developer who will be developing high performance components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.
Joining this team is a great opportunity for anyone wishing to expand their financial services business knowledge and work on a real-time electronic trading system that is at the heart of the fixed income business. Additionally, it is a great opportunity to collaborate with a global team on engineering the best product with the best performance possible in markets concerned with competitive client-focused pricing and minimal latency.
You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders from across the investment bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organizing team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You are familiar with the fixed income market, both cash and derivatives, and understand the value of an intuitive, robust and reliable system to a trading desk.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Some business knowledge covering core fixed income products
- Java server development skillset with understanding of core Java, design patterns, multithreading, and coding for performance on the JVM
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Object oriented design and development, design patterns
- Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco, SQLServer)
- Auxiliary development process skillset (Git, Maven etc)
- Fixed income business experience, comfortable with key business concepts
- Considerable D2C (RFQ) experience, including integration with Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess
- Agile processes & practices
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!