Risk Data Scientist
Wellesley House North, 1st Floor 90 Pitts Bay Road Pembroke HM08, NY 10001 | Direct Hire
Title: Risk Data Scientist
Location: Partial remote with often outside of USA travel (on a case by case basis)
Salary: Open dependent upon experience
Our client leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for their clients and shareholders. Our people are proud to work in an industry that provides the financial capacity to help communities rebuild following calamity.
The professional in this newly-created position will report to VP, Risk & Analytics and focus on automating and increasing the interrogation of our data, alongside enhancing our existing artificial intelligence processes to support our risk and underwriting teams. In doing this and other tasks, you must also want to push the limits of your knowledge and skills.
In keeping with the aforementioned overarching responsibilities, you will be asked to carry out a number of specific actions:
- Focus on process automation, data interrogation, visualization and validation alongside the continued enhancement of and extension to stochastic modeling framework – Analytics and Risk Platform
- Apply a critical mind to work on a wide range of systems and technologies to solve problems;
- Collaborate with cross-functional experts in IT, underwriting and operations to build and improve [system interfaces/features] to enable teams to better interpret and make decisions based on the data; and
- Work with our risk management and underwriting teams to enable data and science based decisions that support the management of our exposure to earthquakes, hurricanes, fires and floods.
What you require for the job:
- A numerical background with a scientific, engineering and/or mathematical university degree
- No less than three years working experience (or relevant experience in an academic setting) with a minimum of two years with data analytics in high performance computing environments
- Exposure to meteorological or seismological sciences, civil engineering studies, or prior experience in the insurance industry would be beneficial
- Willingness to challenge your knowledge of portfolio modelling, genetic algorithms, GIS (Geographic Information Systems), ridge regression solutions, GLM (Generalised Linear Models), natural catastrophes, task automation and performance profiling
- A strong customer focus
- An enthusiasm for applying technology to solve problems
- Drive to solve technical challenges quickly and effectively
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines and work outside of business hours, as required
- A desire to work in a high-performing collaborative environment and commitment to building a culture of innovation
Beyond asking you to take all these actions and fulfill these requirements, we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more— strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at this client. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!