SQL DBA / Developer
Davidson County, TN 37228
SQL Server DBA
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 6 months+
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
Our client is presently looking for a SQL Server DBA to join their team and assist in the design, creation, and maintenance of computerized databases.
Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Works with management to develop database strategies to support company needs.
- Consults with and advises users on access to various databases.
- Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Responsible for all aspects of database administration for SQL Server databases including problem solving, configuration, and implementation efforts for large and / or complex projects with an emphasis in operation excellence and continuous improvement of database related processes and procedures.
- Responsible for on-going monitoring, maintenance, tuning, backups, and recovery of SQL databases ensuring high levels of data available and database performance.
- Tunes and optimizes SQL Statements, Instance Parameters, and Data Storage, including the identification of performance related issues.
- Creates database objects.
- Responsible for indexes, buffers, and cache.
- Minimum of 3 years of database experience (SQL required)
- Understanding of SQL language
- Experience with replicating & mirroring helpful
- Performance tuning
- Database design & architecture
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Some experience in developing and maintaining MS SQL Server databases, data warehouses, and multidimensional databases.
- MICROSOFT SQL SERVER
- SQL Server 2012, 2016 experience
- Experience with SQL backups,
- T-SQL, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Security, and SQL installations.
Education: Bachelor' s degree and seven plus years of experience.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!