Security Administrator & Data Resiliency PM
20 Moores Rd Malvern, PA 19380 | Direct Hire
Position: Security Administrator & Data Resiliency Project Manager
Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Status: Direct Hire
Remote Option: 1/day week
A modern, manufacturing company is presently looking for a security administrator & data resiliency project manager to add to their growing & dynamic team.
This is a unique opportunity for an driven and focused candidate with strong managerial skills.
Job Description: The Security Administrator & Data Resiliency Project Manager is responsible for the administration of security tools and devices, as well as first-level and second-level support for security information and event management (SIEM). This role is also responsible for the architecture and design of the data resiliency infrastructure in addition to the implementation, management, deployment and on-going support of three critical components which are Symantec Net Backup, Net App file servers and Druva Cloud PC backups throughout the organization.
This manager interacts closely with product vendors and service providers, with personnel from other IT departments — including the application development, OSI, USS and other internal teams — and with business departments. This person will also interact closely with the company' s World Director and provide regular reporting of the US and Canada KPI’ s around data resiliency as well as security.
The Security Administrator & Data Resiliency Project Manager must have an in-depth knowledge of the company' s operating systems, backup and recovery systems, and security applications, as well as a working knowledge of basic network protocols and tools.
Some of your daily duties & responsibilities will include:
- Architect and Design the Infrastructure required to support a global deployment of the data resiliency standards.
- Drive the changes at all site locations with the US and Canada to conform to the new Data resiliency standards that have been adopted by SGC DSI.
- Provide governance and regular reporting to Delegation Senior Management and CSG DSI regarding security as well as data resiliency.
- Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures
- Perform system security administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, applications and network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
- Apply patches where appropriate and, at the direction of the NA Security Officer remove or otherwise mitigate known control weaknesses, such as unnecessary services or applications or redundant user accounts, as a means of hardening systems in accordance with security policies and standards.
- Follow and audit that the company' s security rules are being followed by the Business Units in North America.
- A Bachelor’ s degree coupled with a minimum of five years of IT or network security experience; without a degree, a minimum of seven years of experience is required.
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management.
- Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications
- Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems' software, protocols and standards.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Strong technical knowledge of backup technologies relating to servers, PC’ s Network Switches, and other IT related equipment
- Working knowledge of Linux based OS with a focus on NetApp Appliances
- Exceptional Project Management Skills to manage the deployment to all current and future company locations in the US and Canada.
- Strong working knowledge of Wide Area Network Communications
To be considered for this position you need to be open-minded, dynamic and tolerant.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please email Sean Castor at SCastor@talonPro.com