466 Lexington Avenue New York County, NY 10017
- Location: on-site NYC
- Status: Direct-hire
- Salary Range: up to $190K Total Compensation
- Remote Option: None
A top client of ours is seeking a Senior Developer to architect, develop, and test application software based on industry best practices as defined by the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodology. The Senior Developer will operate independently to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant.
- Responsible for translating functional design into technical specifications ensuring functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Develop and maintain all documentation pertaining to a programming project that is detailed and accurate
- Perform detailed impact analysis and provide estimates for change requests across one or many complex projects
- Assist in leading, designing, and implementing software solutions that are structured and easily maintained
- Create requests and provide governance to promote code to different environments based on firm standard
- Ensure code is versioned and checked into source control system
- Drive, enforce and conform to coding standards.
- Provide oversight to, as well as create deployment scripts and verify correctness within integration environment
- Troubleshoot production issues, document incidents, and provide timely fixes and drive problem resolution
Perform and provide oversight to unit and functional testing and provide evidence of results
- Accountable for deliverables - provide status reports of work completed, active, planned, and obstacles
- Provide governance to, evaluate and install software packages and upgrades
- Stay current with industry best practices and technologies and provide leadership to constant improvement to the software and development process
- Perform additional application support as required
- Influence solutions by recommending and exploring alternate solutions
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- 7-10 years of application design and development experience preferably within financial services
- Reporting skills around SSRS, Power BI/Tableau preferred
- Having Python or R experience is a plus
- Extensive experience with software design and complex systems
- Extensive experience with database development (Oracle or SQL)
- Experts in writing test plans, test scripts & technical documentation.
In addition, the following is expected:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and management and escalate issues appropriately
- Excellent ability to relay complicated information to others and have it interpreted correctly, presenting messages in a way that enhances understanding for large scale complex projects
- Strong ability to anticipate client needs through an in depth understanding of a client’ s requirements and desires consistently
- Strong ability to anticipate and manage all risks and consequences when devising solutions consistently
- Excellent ability to complete multiple complex projects simultaneously in a timely manner
- Keeps the big picture in mind, considering the impact of individual tasks on the outcome of the project, while ensuring the details are complete
- Creates and contributes to an environment of cooperation and mutual responsibility, serving as a mentor to other developers at the project level
- Stays abreast of industry best practices and drive improvements
- Determines what needs to be accomplished for achieving the group’ s goals
- Can extend him/herself beyond the specified workday as required by the situation, potentially including periodic availability in the weekends
Benefits include flexible vacation/sick time, 12 recognized holidays, health/dental/vision insurance. This team-based organization enjoys being collaborative and challenging one another.
To be considered for this position you need to be coachable, a strong team player and creative.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please email your resume to KGarach@talonpro.com or apply at talonpro.com.