Senior Software Engineer
REMOTE REMOTE, NY 10001 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Position: Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Remote with potential/occasional travel overseas
- Status: Long term contract OR contract-to-hire
- Hourly Target Range: Open upon experience
Key Capabilities: Advanced C++, Qt GUI Expertise, Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Position: Software Engineer
Key Capabilities: Modern C++, Salesforce (Apex), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills
We are writing the future of risk, and we want your help! You will build distributed systems which enable insights and streamline processing within the insurance and re-insurance markets. We have a deep pipeline of ideas and features, we are growing, and we want excellent developers to join us.
Our team is self-driven and takes ownership. We are guided by simplicity, agility and excellence, while keeping an eye on getting things done. We build atop a variety of platforms, including Salesforce, Windows and Linux, and are all involved in the entire stack: databases, service architecture, devops, UI, testing and production support. You will help build out the core platform, which has a direct and visible impact to our internal users, and to our bottom line. We write modern C++ and Python, and Apex for Salesforce. We use the full gamut of additional tools and libraries to make everything go.
We are not a software company. But software and technology lies at the core of what makes our firm successful. We invest in developers who want to be challenged to build their skills while the team builds our platform.
- Work with technology team to develop our analytics and risk platform (HARP)
- Provide expertise to integrate our existing systems with Salesforce
- Participate via Slack in regular scrums, code reviews and knowledge-sharing sessions
- 5+ years professional software development
- Expertise or strong knowledge of modern C++
- Recent experience with Salesforce Apex
- Experience with a modern ESB (MuleSoft)
- Familiarity developing in Linux or other POSIX environment.
- An eye for clean design and a desire to create a great user experience.
- A focus on teamwork and sharing, and always letting the best idea win.
- Strong communication skills, in person and remote.
- Qt, especially GUI
- Skill in UNIX scripting (bash)
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
- Experience in Git.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!