Sr. Network Engineer
Two North Ninth Street Allentown, PA 18101 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
- Status: Contract with hire potential
- Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
- Remote: No
- Salary: Based on experience
Well known company in Lehigh Valley area currently seeking a Sr. Network Engineer to work with the security and network team. This is an exciting opportunity with a long term client of Talon with opportunity for full time hire after contract period.
This position will be middle/night shift and all qualified candidates must be local to the Lehigh Valley area.
This is an immediate opening which would require both phone and onsite interviews prior to hire.
Under supervision, responsible for highly complex engineering and/or analytical activities associated with one or more technical areas such as but not limited to voice/data/video network design, engineering, network hardware and associated operating systems, third party products, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance or operations/user support.
1.Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex network problems. Participates in development of proactive strategies that will avoid encountering future problems.
2. Monitors, installation and maintenance of network hardware and software to ensure that standards are being followed.
3. Performance monitoring and tuning of network systems. Performs capacity and performance planning. Recommends and implements complex system enhancements.
4. Engineering, design, and project management of network systems projects. Develops and maintains diagrams documenting company networks.
5.Leads in technology evaluation and selection processes, ensuring compatibility between client requirements and technical performance. Documents analysis and recommendations.
6. Effectively communicates with clients, peers and supervision by blending appropriate levels of technical and business detail to ensure issues are thoroughly understood by his/her audience. Develops and maintains relationships with clients, peers, vendors, and management.
7. Works in conjunction with IT Security to ensure that company Network security is not compromised.
8. Familiar with compliance rules and ensures that electronic and physical security policies are followed.
10. Participates and follows establishing processes and procedures that streamline and reduce costs.
11. Participates in the development and meeting of Service Level Agreements. Monitors and reports to management on Key Service Indicators.
13. Possesses a detailed knowledge of various technologies and demonstrates the ability to leverage and appropriately integrate those technologies within the current environment. Balances technology integration alternatives and recommends action with consideration to both technical efficiency and effectiveness.
1. Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or an alternate combination of education and experience which results in the equivalent job knowledge and skills.
2. 3-6 years technical Network support experience.
3. 1-2 years of systems support Experience
4. 1-2 years SaaS/hybrid /Cloud solutions support
1.Continuing education courses/technical seminars.
2. A successful academic or work background indicating a demonstrated ability to absorb information, apply conceptual skills in practical applications, achieve desired results in a highly technical, operating environment.
3.Incumbent must effectively deal with the rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment and common sense.
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position, please contact Talon today! Benefits offered, referral bonuses paid and excellent company culture being offered.