System Automation Engineer
(Chelsea) 601 W 26th St. New York County, NY 10001
Systems Automation Engineer
- Status: 6-month + contract
- Hourly Target Range: around $65/hr.
- Remote Option: None
Position Overview – The Senior System Engineer will create and maintain deployable systems artifacts across the various STS Programs. The engineer with build (or source), maintain, and integrate the underlying technology stacks that support software builds and/or application deployments. The candidate will also serve as a subject matter expert (SME) to development teams and will act as Level3 support for Production and Operations.
- Experience with AWS services, such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, and CloudTrail.
- Expert experience with Linux Platforms
- Ability to code in Python, Ruby, or Go
- Experience with Infrastructure orchestration tools, service registry and discovery tools, and configuration management tools, including Terraform, Consul, and Ansible
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Experience with container technologies and platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Openshift, Swarm a plus
- Experience with middleware technologies, including Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Fuse, and Camel a plus
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Self-motivated and self-accountable for delivery and adherence to standards and delivery timelines.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.