330 West 34th Street Manhattan County, NY 10001
- Status: Contract to Hire
- Remote: No
Are you looking for the next opportunity to grow your career with a well-known company? We have an exciting opportunity in New York City!
You will be responsible for supporting and implementing global file servers and the network environment, global virtualization strategies, global backup strategies, enterprise storage systems and maintaining the Active Directory environment. You will also be responsible for assisting in leading the implementation of projects and providing regular status reports.
This role requires supporting the user community via user access management, problem troubleshooting, software installation, onsite support coordination and call resolution tracking. Qualified candidates for this role will provide input on network strategies and investigate and recommend solutions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and implement Virtual Servers using VMWare environment
- Upgrade VMWare environment as needed
- Proactively monitor EMC SAN environments, managing disk allocation, setting up new partitions, installing new disks and managing data transfers
- Configure new physical servers to act as file servers, application servers or domain controllers
- Implement and upgrade server Operating systems as required
- Administer LAN/WAN Networks, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot network systems.
- Administer AD environment including GPO configuration
- Administer VMWare infrastructure, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot virtual systems to keep optimal levels.
- Administer EMC SAN storage infrastructure, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot systems to keep optimal levels.
- Administer EMC replication infrastructure, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot systems to keep optimal levels.
- Administer and maintain Active Directory infrastructure/replication, directory updates, user/group accounts, and troubleshoot systems to keep optimal levels.
- Maintains backup systems, via Avamar and NetWorker technology
- Monitor performance of all file servers and remote office servers. Provide recommendations on improving existing server performance. Identify when severs are reaching capacity and provide recommendations for proactively addressing potential capacity issues.
- Maintains anti-virus/malware systems for all office and remote sites
- Responsible for administration of all network security and virus software
- Responsible for administration of all patching software
- Act as 3rd line of support for helpdesk
- Administrate user accounts
- Setup and maintain SQL server environment, including versions 2005, 2008, and 2012
- Setup and support remote job sites and regional offices
- Investigate new LAN technologies which could increase Network efficiency and productivity under the direction of supervisor.
- Document LAN environment. Maintain policies and procedures documents
Position Requirements & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications
- Knowledge of SAN/shared storage concepts
- Proficiency with EMC Unisphere
- Proficiency with EMC Clariion SAN platform
- Proficiency with EMC VNX SAN platform
- Proficiency with EMC Avamar deduplication backup platform
- Proficiency with EMC NetWorker backup platform
- Proficiency with VMWare – v4x, v5/5.1/5.5.6.x VSphere platform
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of MS Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Active Directory 2003/2008/2012
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of DNS
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of DHCP
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of DHCP
- Working knowledge of databases, including: Hyperion, Oracle, Oracle UPK
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of RAID groups, including RAID 1/0, RAID 5, & RAID 6
- Intermediate knowledge of MS SQL Server, including versions 2005, 2008, 2012
- Proficiency with Symantec EndPoint Protection anti-virus package
- Expert knowledge of HP servers, specifically HP ProLiant DL360 and DL380, including: Gen 7, 8, 9 & 10 models
- Documentation skills including proficiency with MS Visio and MS Project
- Ability to compile reports
If you or someone you know is qualified for this opportunity, please contact your dedicated Talon IT Recruiter today. Referral bonus offered and paid! Benefits also available during contract phase.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!