Technical Network Analyst
Hennepin County, MN 55344
Technical Network Analyst
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 1 year
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
A Health Insurance company, with offices located in Hennepin County, MN is presently seeking a Technical Network Analyst to work with Network Engineering and IT Leadership. Candidate will write, edit, review, and update policies and procedures, how to guides, user manuals, code upgrades, hardware and software tracking, equipment inventories, presentations on a variety of topics (from Portfolio Funding to creating financial summaries and obtain quotes), and any other documentation as assigned.
Candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Track active code scrubs for Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed, F5, Aruba and other IT equipment and software for Network Engineering.
- Provide analyst services and consulting support for Network Engineering; e.g., track IT software and hardware inventory, versions, and end of life data.
- Provide, create, and manage spreadsheet inventories for hardware end of life, end of support, and warranty monitoring for implementation and decommissioning purposes.
- Administer specific Network Engineering SharePoint and Confluence sites & maintain expired documents, build websites, manage user access and problem-solve upon request.
- This role has the potential for cross-functional work: consult and provide senior-level technical writing to IT cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Support the efficient and effective operations of the Network Engineering IT organization:
- Track hardware and software versions, licenses, purchases, and/or other inventory.
- Assist the leadership team with presentations to communicate IT concepts, processes, and projects for portfolio funding, management meetings, executive meetings, supplier governance meetings, department town halls, etc.
- Assist Network Engineering with IT audits and compliance reports and assist with resolution of security issues.
- Prepare written deliverables as requested such as meeting notes, agendas, memos, department town hall presentations.
- Perform analysis and documentation of as-is capabilities about business processes, technology, etc.
- Assist in development and testing of new business processes, capabilities, and as appropriate their supporting technologies
- Perform network design activities (e.g. utilizing Visio), portions of technology architecture and technical design activities and portions of technology build, test and deployment
- Develop deployment deliverables (communications, training, etc.)
- Participate in project related activities, meetings
- Participate in carrier meetings with circuit vendors
- Participate in meetings with Network Engineering specific Hardware/Software vendors
- Participate in projects ad-hoc when additional support is needed
Candidate will also be responsible for maintaining:
- Attend department manager and team meetings as required.
- Track equipment inventory
- Manage ENE Data Team communications
- Cisco IOS Engineering Standard Change Notification: when bug scrub versions are tested and accepted, get SME input, write and disseminate the notices.
- Track and maintain carrier circuit upgrades/downgrades/additions/deletions to ensure accurate circuit inventory
- Maintain site data/inventories on various Hardware/Software components at various client locations & Remote Sites/Data Centers
- Seven to ten years of progressive experience as Technical Analyst with emphasis on network and security.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication and the ability to interface with engineers and other subject matter experts
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Network hardware and software platforms
- CCENT or CCNA certification preferred
- Strong understanding of Telecommunications services (eg. Wide Area Network (WAN) Circuits and providers)
- SharePoint and Confluence admin experience
- Ability to use vendor web sites to gain knowledge of hardware, software and licensing
- Requires acumen in dealing with external parties such as Group IT' s suppliers and partners
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Formatting Solutions Pro/Information Mapping, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Skype for Business, SharePoint (contributor and administrator), and Outlook.
- Requires proficiency in Adobe PDF Professional to create, edit, and convert documents to and from the PDF format.
- Some e-learning experience or ability is helpful; or the ability and willingness to learn tools to create e-learning deliverables.
- Requires initiative and judgment, and knowledge of department and company policies, procedures, and tools.
- Requires interpersonal savvy, the ability to learn and apply quickly, set priorities and manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable negotiating and presenting to IT and business executives
- Capable of driving alignment across the technology organization
- INFORMATION MAPPING
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- NETWORK DESIGN
- SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
- TECHNICAL DESIGN
- USER ACCESS
Minimum Degree Required: Associate' s Degree (Community College, MBO)
Certifications & Licenses:
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!