Technical Project Manager
460 w 34th street 11th floor New York County, NY 10001
- Job Title: Technical Project Manager
- Status: Long Term Contract
Are you a Technical Project Manager looking who has prior experience with ERP implementations? We have a role for you - great location in New York City for a great company. Technology is at the forefront of their initiatives.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be accountable for large, diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology, business and ERP system (Finance and Human Resources) applications, strategic objectives and goals. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of projects with direct accountability to the Executive Sponsor.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execute projects in alignment with the organization’ s strategic plans and objectives.
- Build support to influence decisions in order to ensure work toward common objectives.
- Manage expectations from initial problem identification and through the project life-cycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and sign-off of the project and work breakdown schedule.
- Maintain all project artifacts.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly understand and align with an organization, its structure and priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Exercise sound judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning.
- Demonstrate success managing other project managers, project portfolios and/or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate experience in business development and/or strategic and tactical planning and execution including communications, and financial planning.
- Demonstrate experience managing the process of design, development, integration and/or implementation of software products or facilities.
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects with multiple project teams, product development life-cycle, or quality life-cycle.
- Demonstrate ability to inform and influence senior leadership, management and individuals in various parts of the organization to work toward successful outcomes.
- Successful track record of implementing a complex ERP system (Workday, Oracle, or SAP)
- Participate in variety of projects managed by PMO and communicate task progress, issues, and time reporting.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’ s degree plus 3-5 years of experience in information technology, project management, or an equivalent blend of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- Expertise and experience with Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- Experience facilitating complex decisions making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities is essential.
- Skilled in strategic planning, program management, group motivation, discipline and diplomacy.
- Experienced in vendor/contract management and negotiations.
Benefits and excellent perks available!
If you or someone you know is interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact us today! Referral bonus offered and paid!
Fun Facts: Avid New York Sports fan: Rangers, Yankees, and Giants, Big movie and TV fan: especially Gangster films (Goodfellas is my favorite movie of all time), Avid skier
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!