Technical Support Specialist (Tier I/II)
Hartford County, CT 06095
- Position: Technical Support Specialist (Tier I/II)
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 10 months+
- Hartford County, CT
- 2 positions available
Our client is looking for someone to join their network security support team and provide Tier I/Tier II support for remote users’ VPN Access Issues.
Role Summary/Key Objectives
This role is part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and support of Work At Home Virtual Enterprise network. This position will provide oversight support on problem determination and problem resolution for remote VPN connectivity problems within the enterprise network. This person will be responsible for maintaining the daily end-user hardware builds, which include the setup, testing and shipping of up to 50 remote access devices per day. In addition, the position will be responsible for responding to break\fix issues and maintaining hardware inventory. This position will ensure high quality network service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to network problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and network improvement initiatives.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Provide tier I/tier II support for remote users’ VPN access issues (18, 000+ users)
- Maintain delivery SLA’ s for remote user VPN equipment
- Respond to break\fix requests
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall Network Service Delivery to the customer
- Contribute to the design of new solutions for remote worker and remote VPN use cases
- Provide periodic performance and capacity reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 3 years’ experience in all phases of remote client access or its equivalent in education and work experience
- Minimum of either CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or ACMA (Aruba Certified Mobility Associate) is preferred
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector
- Experience configuring and provision Aruba remote access points (RAP) using Activate
- Experience whitelisting and blacklisting the Aruba remote access (RAP)
- Experience with testing and staging the Aruba remote access points (RAP) and Cisco phones prior to customer shipment
- Experience troubleshooting client connectivity issues on the Aruba (RAP) and Cisco VPN solutions
- Experience with the Cisco VPN solution utilizing Anyconnect
- Experience with security protocols such as 802.1x utilizing security certificates, GRE and IPSEC
- Knowledge of the Aruba Airwave Management Platform
- Shipping and receiving of the network inventory
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service orientation
- Additional duties as assigned
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!