545 Washington Boulevard Jersey City, NJ 07310 | Contract to Direct Hire
- Job Title: UX Designer
- Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Status: Contract - Hire
- Salary: $90, 000 (dependent upon experience)
- Remote: No
Are you a creative designer, high on art and visually pleasing presentation and user experience? We have a career changing and inspiring opportunity with a well known company in North Jersey. All qualified candidates MUST have work samples or portfolios in order to be presented for an opportunity to have your voice and design skills heard and seen!
- Working on web applications that directly interface with the client/customer
- Responsible for “ re-imaging of existing applications”
THIS will be the opportunity to be part of something brand new – to build something new and take the lead on that initiative. If you have a great attitude, are open to constructive criticism and want to work in a Friendly and flexible environment, this may be the opportunity you' ve been waiting for!
Qualified candidates should have experience with the following:
- STRONG Visual design skills and presentation
- Prototyping and mockups
- Must be able to “ tell a story” and get the buy in from leaders
- Gather data from google analytics to make applications visually “ better”
- Work closely and communicate clearly with developers
- User testing
- STRONG communicator
- DESIGN SKILLS, IDEATION AND CREATIVITY
- REFERENCES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
The UX Designer is responsible for collaborating with Engineering and Product Marketing to conceptualize, design, and prototype innovative, highly usable applications, including UI design patterns and frameworks for next-generation retail analytics applications. The UX / UI Designer is responsible for working with other designers in the development of highly interactive prototypes to demonstrate the company and clients' vision. There will be a need for close coordination with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that the designs can be adopted and extended across product suites.
- 2+ years of experience in design of complex enterprise level desktop and web applications. Created seamless and consistent user experiences.
- Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive, and compelling designs that contribute toward market leadership.
- Successful track record of delivering integrated, high-end user interfaces on schedule, on budget, and with exceptional quality.
- Deep knowledge of user-center design processes and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge and skills in visual design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and related UX methodologies.
- Experience gathering and documenting business, functional, and end user requirements.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to successfully develop and deliver shipping products.
- Experience in creating both low- and high-fidelity wireframes (from sketching to interactive prototypes).
- Work in cross-functional teams, especially with Engineering and Product Marketing, to plan, prioritize, and deliver information architecture, information design, visual design/page layouts, tools, services and applications to support a complete and cohesive user experience.
- Leverage modern web technologies to define innovative user interfaces and interaction models that result in improved user productivity and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and underlying design rational.
- Collaborate with product teams to develop UI common components and design patterns for the next-generation application suite.
- Make understanding end user requirements a constant priority.
- Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies.
- Some travel required, to visit customers, meet with engineering teams, and business stakeholders.
Excellent company culture and benefits available. Work life balance valued and a friendly work environment. If you or someone you know would be interested, please contact your dedicated Talon IT Recruiter today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!