VMware Lead Architect
1451 New Jersey 37 Toms River, NJ 08755 | Contract to Direct Hire
VMware Lead Architect
- Location: South Jersey - Ocean County
- Status: Contract - Hire
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
Are you an experienced VMware Developer/Architect? Do you have experience leading large projects or managing small teams? We may have a long term contract to hire opportunity that will help take your career to the next level.
This company provides a stimulating and creative work environment - you will be part of engaging in challenging projects while at the same time recognizing the need to have some fun due to the company culture.
In order to be qualified for this position you must have strong VMware vRealize Automation (vRA), VMware NSX and VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) experience which you will use to lead the team through the architecture, design and development of the intended technical solution.
- Designing, building and maintaining Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) and private cloud deployments using VMware technologies including NSX, vRA and vRO.
- Engineering of vRA solutions and creating vCenter Orchestrator workflows.
- Creating/maintaining vRA blueprints and catalogues with integration of NSX and vRO.
- Automating deployments of infrastructure objects using vRA.
- Developing workflows for VM provisioning using vRO.
- Creating network profiles in vRA.
- Automating VM and Horizon 7 Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI) builds.
- Function as the technical lead for the VMware components of the solution, inclusive of directing the tasking of team members.
- A BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related STEM field is preferred. Exceptional directly related work experience may be considered for substitution of the degree requirement for highly qualified candidates.
- 5 or more years of experience in a software engineering/development role.
- 4 or more years of hands on experience with VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) / VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) for blueprint and catalog development.
- Experience moving legacy applications to a virtual environment.
- Must have strong experience with VMware Horizon 7, vRA, vRO and NSX.
- Must have strong experience interfacing applications with vRA and vRO APIs.
- Should have solid Windows/Linux skills.
- Must have experience working with configuration management, software build, and bug tracking tools such as Git, GitHub, CVS, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Bugzilla, and Mantis.
- Experience working under multiple Software Development Lifecycle methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Spiral, and Incremental is desired.
While contracting - you will be eligible to sign up for benefits. Should you move to direct hire through the company, you will have access to a complete benefits package which includes paid vacation, holiday, sick/business leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k retirement plan with a competitive corporate matching program, incentive bonus program and much more.
If you or someone you know is qualified for this position, please contact Talon today to discuss further!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!