VP Network Operations Center Manager
5716 Berkshire Valley Road Oak Ridge, NJ 07438 | Direct Hire
- Job Title: VP Network Operations Center Manager
- Status: Direct Hire
- Remote: No
- Location: Oak Ridge, NJ
- Compensation: Salary + bonus
Are you looking to join a growing team and company with a stellar culture and work life balance? Have you gained prior experience working within a NOC and managing a team? This is a brand new role created as the company continues to grow. High visibility and an innovative environment.
Qualified professionals for this role must be local and available to work onsite daily.
- ITIL V3 Certification
- Prior Management experience evident on resume (will most likely have 3 on the team once built)
- *ServiceNow or similar
- *Solar Winds (highly preferred/must have)
- Configuration Management
As the Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager you will supervise the day-to-day operations of the Network Operations Center and will be responsible for leading and developing a team of service oriented professionals performing Tier 1 / Tier 2 support in a 24x7 environment focused on investigating and resolving monitoring alerts. The NOC manages the notification and escalation procedures, coordinates with IT leadership across the organization to meet and deliver service deliverables defined for IT Customer Services and ensuring established Service Level Agreements are aligned with Business objectives. The NOC Manager will also be responsible for documenting, tracking, and monitoring incidents to ensure resolution in a timely manner. The NOC leads a team allowing them to anticipate, detect, and resolve system issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Proactively monitors and verify integrity and availability of all network, applications and services across the business landscape (operating systems, databases, web servers and network devices) in a 24x7x365 environment. This includes application and system detection, performance degradation and unavailability and identifying additional areas of monitoring opportunities. Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and the technology group.
- Structure, plan, organize, develop, implement and manage all enterprise event management activities including network, server, database application and facilities event management. Establish work plans in conjunction with Business and IT Delivery leadership.
- Identify, implement and monitor required best in class monitoring tools, establish the appropriate response(s) to those events through processes and procedures to create an effective and efficient event management team. Provide regular communication of project status while ensuring project milestones and stage gates are defined and met.
- Identify trends, implement new solutions/processes that resolve customer issues and continually strive toward moving from a reactive state to a proactive state.
- Drive best practices conducive with business culture for all event management activities.
- Develop processes and tools that ensure capabilities are effectively transitioned to operations, including existence of adequate monitoring and comprehensive playbooks for quick resolution of incidents.
- Directs staff to swiftly resolve issues that affect the availability of production systems.
- Responsible for Operation Dashboards, operational results / reporting system / network uptime, performance standards and KPI metrics.
- Analyze, triage and troubleshoot alarms received by internal and external monitoring and trending systems.
- Perform prompt tracking, identification, reporting, impact analysis and corrective actions associated with network, applications and business services and service outages.
- Assist in developing and maintaining IT Governance processes, knowledge management repository and recommend automation tasks to eliminate manual processes.
- Trouble ticket management (create, resolve, escalate and manage through to resolution), initiate fault remediation bridges and create and distribute network status updates as needed to resolve both basic and complex network faults.
- Ensures the successful completion of automated tasks and jobs, timely execution of manual tasks, and subsequent automation of manual tasks to facilitate daily operations.
- Leads disaster recovery and business continuity tests by managing the teams following the documented recovery procedures, and troubleshooting issues that may be encountered.
- Champion service management best practices and structured processes to proactively prevent incidents, to deliver consistent, credible and timely resolution to service incidents when they occur to maximize business productivity dependent on information systems.
- Accountable for meeting SLAs by removing obstacles, delivering on services and providing broad, technical and service quality leadership.
- Interface and assist system administrators, engineers, management, customers, carrier partners and technicians to resolve trouble reports and ensure escalations are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain training requirements with personnel, and assess staff performance in event management activities.
- Develop a well-trained staff. Supervise the team to include selection, training and development, coaching, counseling and performance management. Provide appropriate career opportunities to ensure the efficient and effective management of all functions, with the ability to support a rapid-growth company.
- Assists with creating and managing incident and problem management service support processes as defined by ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
- May provide oversight of after-hours deployment, patching, and other maintenance related activities.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent training or experience in Information Technology, Computing or a relevant field.
- Five (5) plus years of IT leadership experience in an event management role leading NOC team.
- ITIL v3 Certified
- Experience working in Technical Operations NOC environment.
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management tools such as SCCM.
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and management tools such as ServiceNow and Solar Winds.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong management skills which encompasses project management as well as management of support staff.
- Outstanding customer service skills; The ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, department, and company) with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Fluent in ITSM discipline. Knowledge of design and layout of NOC environments.
- Well versed in computer operations, ITIL methodology and networking essentials.
- Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of performance metrics and KPI methodologies.
- Must be bondable.
If you or someone you know would be qualified for this position, please contact your Talon Recruiter today. Referral bonus offered and excellent company benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!