Windows Server Administrator
9 Griffin Road Hartford County, CT 06095
Windows Server Administrator
- Status: Contract assignment
- Estimated Duration: 3 months plus extensions
- Hourly Target Range: TBD
- Remote Option: Yes
A Health Insurance company is presently looking for a Windows Server Administrator who will serve as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions. You will support the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions. You will be responsible for resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc. You may be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise. Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems. May serve as the primary contact for vendors.
- 5+ years of experience supporting, administering, and/or engineering Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 and 2016 environments.
- 2+ years of experience supporting, administering and/or engineering of VMware Virtual environments
- Working knowledge of hardware platforms, IBM, HP, Cisco UCS a plus.
- Working knowledge of best practices in server operations, including backup and recovery processes, disaster recovery planning and execution, server virtualization, and more.
- Strong analytical, development, project planning and problem solving skills for a complex infrastructure topology, being active team participant to identify issues, root causes and solutions.
- Strong personal planning and organizational skills
- Strong customer service and customer support skills with the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with a broad range of groups and individuals, including IT technicians, internal and external service providers, IT management and business unit staff.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to achieve deadlines for multiple tasks
- Technologies span mainframe, mid-range, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving
Some duties will include:
- Supports the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions. Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations. May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise. Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems. Infrastructure Engineer Senior Specialist may serve as the primary contact for vendors. Infrastructure Engineer Senior Specialist technologies span server, network data, web, including designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements moderately complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of computer systems. Makes moderately complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, assists with the design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Will assist in the diagnosis (Root Cause Analysis) and correction of server hardware and operating system problems supporting both daily operations and pilots of new technology. Assists in troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- Execute engineering Change Requests for assigned products and servers in compliance with Change Management Policies. Participates in On Call rotation acting as the incident owner for after hour' s infrastructure escalations.
- Primary owner for incident management, problem management, and service request fulfillment.
- Accountable for systems maintenance planning and implementation activities.
- Accountable for proactive system health management.
- Responsible for infrastructure operational readiness.
- Develop and implement service improvement plans based on business-partner and IT-partner input.
- Ensure services are consistently delivered and managed to meet service levels outlined in documented operating level agreements (OLAs).
- Participate in Business portfolio projects and IT projects as required.
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Baseball card collector, Foodie, Avid Mets fan.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!