AWS/Cloud Monitoring Solutions Specialist
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
- Position: AWS Cloud / Monitoring Solutions Specialist
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 6months+
Our client is looking for a an AWS Cloud Monitoring Solutions Specialist. You will join as a member of the Global Monitoring' s Engineering organization, and work alongside Engineers and Architects in designing, developing, operating and scaling core Monitoring, Logging & Event Management products, with a focus on improving the resiliency, reliability, scale and efficiency of our infrastructure. The infrastructure you will manage creates billions of events and produces terabytes of data on a daily basis. You will have the unique opportunity to help architect Global Monitoring' s infrastructure to solve challenging problems related to a heterogeneous environment (distributed systems, private/public cloud & mainframe), real-time actionable alerts, and large-scale data management. You will collaborate to develop and enable SRE capabilities across other adjacent teams across the larger Technology organization, developing a community of practice to continue to iterate and elevate SRE.
Design resiliency processes for improving operational stability of our clients’ services Identify, document and help improve performance and operational efficiency challenges Assist in rationalizing infrastructure as code and automation tooling Create tooling with documentation to auto-scale our cloud and distributed systems Ensure and enforce best application and network security practices Participate in incident management on-call and drive root cause analysis with tactical and strategic improvement recommendations Help define Service Level Objectives to assess release readiness of all services Support, monitor and manage cloud infrastructure and environments (AWS EC2, DNS, load balancers, and databases)
Experience & Skills Required:
- 3+ years of cloud platform experience. AWS preferred years of
- 3+ programming (Python, GO, Java, or equivalent)
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Solid principles in cloud resources such as networking, load balancing, DNS, and security
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field Remote
- Opportunity or willing to work in Bloomfield, CT, but 100% remote will also be considered
- Architecture knowledge
- Containerization experience (Docker, etc) Container orchestration systems management (Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience developing, supporting or operating large-scale, distributed SaaS products
- Desire to automate tedious tasks and eliminate inefficiencies
- A passion for system stability, performance, scalability or customer success
- Experience with CI/CD tools and implementing best practices
- Previous participation in Incident Management teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!