Active Directory Engineer
2 Liberty Place Philadelphia County, PA 19192
Active Directory Engineer
- Location: Philadelphia County PA or REMOTE
- Duration: 9 months+
- Can will provide engineering leadership and oversight on architecture, design, development and implementation of Active Directory infrastructure.
- Candidate must possess thorough understanding of Active Directory and related technologies. Candidate should have a focus on automation through Microsoft PowerShell and/or VB.net, be proficient in Group Policy administration across multiple domains/forests, authentication and authorization architecture protocols, and have a solid understanding of core infrastructure technologies such as DNS. Expertise in related areas such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Skype/Lync, Citrix product suite, VMware ESXi, RedHat Enterprise Linux, LDAP and other related tools are a plus.
- This individual should excel in the design and implementation of these solutions, as well as possessing extensive troubleshooting skills with resolving complex issues in a large global operating environment.
- The ideal candidate should have over 10 years of global experience in a 10, 000+ user environment across all relevant technology disciplines.
- Architects and designs solutions across Active Directory, LDAP, and DNS production environment. Engineers are expected to respond to applicable Priority 1 incidents and drive resolution. Collaborate with teams across the organization to integrate additional applications into the existing AD/LDAP infrastructure. Partner with application owners to securely integrate AD and LDAP-enabled application into the environment, provide increased security plus user and entitlement management by leveraging directory related technologies.
- Provides engineering leadership and oversight on architecture design, engineering and development of information technology solutions in a multi-site, multi domain topology.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- Serves as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Partners with IT leadership on engineering and support related issues to develop strategies related to endpoint management. Collaborates with teams across the organization to resolve issues and drive projects. May manage other infrastructure engineers, contractors or vendors on a project basis.
- Owns the design and implementation of existing or new technologies. Provides technical guidance to support staff on the team and in other areas. Makes complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
- Proactively manages continuous process improvement based on customer feedback, new or emerging technologies, and process standards.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related discipline required, and at least 5 years of experience in all aspects of computer operations or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Strong judgment and management skills and considerable aptitude in human relations are expected. Bachelor degree can be substituted with equivalent experience.
- Relevant Microsoft of other technical certifications are a plus.
- Problem solving; ITIL Service Operations processes; ability to work independently and as part of a team; strong customer service and customer support skills with the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts clearly to a variety of individuals of varying technical expertise and understanding.
- Experience and extensive knowledge working with numerous Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server, Active Directory and related services. Microsoft PowerShell and/or VB.net, solid understanding of core infrastructure technologies such as DNS. Expertise in related areas such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Skype/Lync, Citrix product suite, VMware ESXi, RedHat Enterprise Linux, LDAP and other related tools are a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience in 24/7 global multi-site environments with over 10, 000 users, including experience in the architecture, design, and implementation of new messaging and mobility based solutions. Demonstrated excellent problem solving, problem management, and root cause analysis skills
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please email email@example.com or apply at talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Baseball card collector, Foodie, Avid Mets fan.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!