150 Pierce St Franklin Township, NJ 08873
- Location: Central NJ
- Salary: up to $100, 000
Our Client in Central NJ is seeking a BI Developer to join their team. This person will demonstrate excellent technical skills as well as excellence communication skills.
The role is to strategically design and develop BI software and systems primarily using Tableau and Power BI. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The candidate should also possess knowledge of data warehouse design, data integration using ETL software (SSIS) along with ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Develop reports, dashboards and KPIs using Tableau and Power BI.
- Design, code, test, modify or enhance existing BI systems, applications and programs.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions
- Assist in designing databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications (Tableau and Power BI).
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities per the organization’ s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design, computer science, or engineering and/or seven years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five (5) years direct work experience with Business Intelligence practices and technologies.
- Minimum of three (3) + years in Tableau development
- Design, develop and deploy customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Maintain, support and enhance existing dashboards and reports within the corporation
- Well versed in identifying the types of charts, graphs and visual elements needed to provide the best use case for the end users
- Knowledge of integrating with various source systems, in depth knowledge of Tableau access control & embedding visualization on webpages, Tableau Web Connector extra
- Must be eager to learn and stay current with new and coming visualization technologies, updates and upgrades around Tableau and Power BI
- Should be a self-starter with ability to work with minimal oversight while producing excellent results in most efficient ways
- Able to explore options and suggest new solution and visualization techniques to the customer.
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and charts.
- Expert capability with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server, Crystal, SAP, SCM, or other similar systems.
- Demonstrated ability with ETL tools (SSIS).
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Full project management and development life cycle experience.
- Experience with database design applications.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Strong understanding of the organization’ s goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail
- Technical Capacity
Our Client offers a full suite of benefits including health, dental and 401K
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!