C# Web Developer
Hartford, CT 06095
C# Web Developer
Estimated Duration: 12 months+
Our client is looking for a self-motivated, results driven UI software engineer who will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle. A person who is comfortable working on a team of dedicated individuals who deliver high quality software solutions through innovation and collaboration. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working as a SCRUM team member adhering to Agile principles as well as working alone on smaller initiatives. This role could be required to provide comprehensive consultation to various business areas, identifying innovative and cost-effective solutions. As a senior software engineer, you will be expected to take on a leadership role as the primary decision maker on projects and a mentor to other mid-level or junior developers.
- Primarily responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing, and maintaining web-based applications for the enterprise
- Work directly with business areas to define business requirements and translate those requirements into conceptual and logical data models, and user-interfaces
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions; recommends and develops the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution
- Define, understand and recommend changes to the existing software and application environment in tandem with the current business needs and direction
- Interact with various matrix partners and team members to ensure applications are fulfilling user requirements, are efficiently designed & are easy to support and maintain
- Will be involved in multiple projects simultaneously and engaged in problem solving on these projects
- Perform root cause analysis for issues and provide effective and timely resolution
- Apply technical processes to solve complex problems.
- This person will also be responsible for small to medium system enhancements and / or large-scale strategic initiatives as needed
- Support and maintenance of applications
- A portion of this role’ s responsibility will be to supplement our Analytics team in ensuring the quality of data by implementing or proposing data modeling and architecture best practices
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems OR related field; OR equivalent work experience
- Strong sense of web design, attuned to the fundamentals of user interaction
- Problem solving skills including the ability to systematically analyze complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand as well as the ability to understand and interpret complex information from others.
- Proficient in speaking in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to multi-task, shifting effectively among multiple activities
- Web UI design, and architecture
- Strong knowledge of C#, MVC, and SQL Server, Linq
- Must be able to provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices
- Advanced C# MVC skills
- Experience dealing with a large complex code base
- .NET Visual Studio 2019
- Code First Development
- Coded Unit Test
- SQL Server
- Agile development Process using Team Foundation Server
- TFSVC (Team Foundation Server Version Control)
- Build & Release Pipelines with TFS and Jenkins
- Familiarity with code first design pattern
- Familiarity with TFS (Team Foundation Server) and the agile process
- Strong experience working with database migrations and merge resolutions within TFS
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role. If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.