121 River Street Hudson County, NJ 07030
- Type: 1+ year contract
- Location: NJ, no remote, must be on-site everyday
Must have a very strong understanding of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform.
- Architects, designs, facilitates, leads and directs cloud initiatives
- Conveys best practices and common pitfalls for cloud system design, infrastructure integrations, application development practices and application runtime principles
- Develops a methodology for provisioning repetitive cloud services either through internal tools/processes or by leveraging external provider' s tools/processes
- Designs a comprehensive set of enterprise management processes, tools, integrations and procedures to ensure running cloud systems " in control"
- Identifies a set of risks posed by cloud computing services and a risk-mitigation-mapping matrix for coping with and overcoming such risks
- Leads application life cycle management initiatives — refactoring or replacing legacy applications with cloud applications
- Ensures cloud initiatives are aligned with Target Architecture
- Application Architecture - Application architecture focusing on standardized middleware options, communications protocols, data gateways and platform infrastructures. Cloud computing delivers many advancements in application architecture options, and those with current strengths in application architecture is set up for success
- Automation and Orchestration - Cloud computing aims to simplify many automation and orchestration tasks, but the cloud architect and cloud team must have foundational knowledge of both to leverage each for their full value in cloud services. This often involves having strong knowledge of scripting, programming or application programming interface (API) interaction
- Governance - Cloud architects must understand governance in the grand scheme of the company and convey governance principles to cloud computing in terms of appropriate use and placement policies
- Integration Architecture - As cloud services proliferate, integration architecture is crucial for maintaining proper communication of business processes across boundaries. Integration architecture often has specific impacts on data integration, identity integration, infrastructure integration (network), services integration and provider integration
- Outsourcing/External Hosting - It is important for the cloud architect to have experience with IT sourcing decisions, especially those that reside outside of the company' s premises. Cloud computing is a form of outsourcing — it just so happens to emphasize self-service in the process of outsourcing infrastructure, platforms or software services
- Security - This involves technical security configurations that solidify the protection of company assets. As company assets move into external and self-service cloud environments, knowledge and experience with security policies, firewalls, encryption, and security information and event management systems will allow a cloud architect to understand and adopt cloud security services much more adequately
- Communication and Collaboration - the cloud architect must be a strong communicator and collaborator
- · Company and Vertical Experience - the cloud architect will often need to convey the cloud computing value in business language
- Delegation - cloud architect should see value in building a network of specialized colleagues and delegating assignments and tasks to best achieve an outcome
- Finance/Legal - the cloud architect should understand the basics of IT budgeting and IT contracts. Cloud computing has a significant financial impact on total cost of ownership (TCO) or ROI assessments
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Adept at problem solving and translating business/organization needs into application architecture
- Experience with architectural abstractions, integration with design, and integration patterns
- Demonstrated understanding of system behaviors and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Services.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NoSQL) databases
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate extremely effectively with all parties including business professionals and technical professionals.
- Must be able to be understood by all parties;
- Must not have any translation restrictions or hindrances while working with multiple professionals;
- Must be able to legally work within the United States without client intervention
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Professionally assertive and collegial
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Local candidate – NY Metro Area
- Stable career history
- Previous Insurance / Re-Insurance Experience
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!