DB2 LUW DBA
Hartford, CT 06095
- Position: DB2 LUW DBA
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 12 months+
Our client is seeking a DB2 LUW DBA who will be responsible for supporting business funded and all other portfolio funded work efforts based on project requirements; delivered to customer expectations. Will work with engineers to determine end solutions for each project by comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc. Hands on experience in database architecture and physical design from several aspects: physical data model, database infrastructure requirements, product integration requirements as well as installation of new servers/databases to meet expectations and requirements of the business. Collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
- Must have hands-on experience in DB2 LUW databases upgrade and clients to latest release on Linux, and AIX.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage multiple UDB versions, instances with multiple operating system platform.
- Experience in Health and Recoverability of databases in the production and non-production environments.
- In depth experience with DB2 UDB 10 & 11 (HADR is required). Knowledge of AIX platform; Linux (and Windows a plus).
- Excellent knowledge of Database backup and recovery of very large databases, typically multi terabytes.
- Expert level of performance and tuning skills.
- Experience in scripting and ability to create and maintain shell scripts to automate various database related tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of UDB database/instance tuning, optimizing complex SQL statements for best possible performance.
- Experience with database standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience with scripting, ansible & automation is a plus
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and/or typically eight to ten years of experience.
Technical Skills background:
- 3-5+ years experience with Capacity Planning for x86 compute environment
- 3-5+ including VMware, Windows Server, Linux, AIX and/or Oracle RAC
- 3-5+ years experience with Capacity Planning tools that could include
- 3-5+ TeamQuest, CWOM, VROPs, Splunk, LIM and others years experience
- 3-5+ with VMware cluster planning
- Automation experience (Ansible, Python, Powershell, etc)
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing counsel and advice to top management on significant Infrastructure matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Serves as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Leads the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions.
- Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving complex infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc.
- May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve escalated infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise.
- Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems.
- May serve as the primary contact for vendors. Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Recognized internally as “ the go-to person” for the most complex Infrastructure Engineering assignments.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.