1 N Lexington Ave New York, NY 10601
- Status: Direct Hire
- Remote: No
Are you looking to grow your career with a great company, offering excellent benefits and long term growth potential? This position offers excellent company culture.
Calling all experienced Data Architect' s to join a challenging position that will work with the migration of Microsoft based solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS). Qualified candidates should have solid database experience with traditional relational databases (MS SQL). Must have demonstrated experience in migrating complex database solutions to AWS. The Data Architect will work to evaluate the existing database platforms and data, help to design future state, and execute on the migration of databases to AWS.
You must be experienced with cloud computing environments, have strong hands on technical skills, and a passion for learning new technologies.
This role requires strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Analyze, architect and execute large scale SQL Server databases to cloud native AWS RDS solutions including RedShift, PostgreSQL, Data Lake, etc.
- Analyze and rationalize existing data and databases into an optimized data architecture
- Challenge in a strategic way the existing data environment and architecture
- Take ownership of the technical data strategy and present solutions to leadership the solutions to complex data problems
- Optimize database architectures to maximize performance and minimize costs while implementing cost control mechanisms
- Design solution-independent foundational database architecture models that map operational requirements to cloud application stacks
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update database architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available
- Work heavily within AWS
- Minimum of 10 years of relational database (MS SQL, Oracle, PstgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) and data architecture experience
- Minimum of 5 years of database management and software development/coding experience
- Proficient in database architecture, data warehousing, data modeling and data mining
- Experience designing data lakes desired
- Construct and maintain large scale database architectures - improving data reliability and quality
- AWS Certified Architect and/or Developer
- Experience architecting database cloud infrastructures on AWS - enterprise level applications
- Programming language desirable: Python, Java or Go
- Exposure to statistical modeling and regression analysis - strong plus
- Creative mind and passion for continuous improvement
- Mentoring ability
- Ability to work across teams
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, please contact us today!
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!