Data Center Operator
800 Cottontail Lane Somerset County, NJ 08873
Job Title: Data Center Operator
Status: Contract to Hire
Location: Middlesex County, NJ
Close knit team seeking a Data Center Operator to join in a long term contract to hire capacity. As a Data Center Operator, you will be working with a small team to support the network environment. Experience with various monitoring tools and mainframe is required for this position. This is NOT a Batch Operator role. Any prior desktop support experience is a plus as there is some off hours support required in this position.
- Assist in development of new processes and procedures, as well as perform updates.
- Document issues via incident management system.
- Complete special projects and related responsibilities as needed.
- Experience working within a Data Center environment.
- Experience with some or all of the following monitoring tools: Omegamon, Solarwinds, ServiceNow, New Relic.
- Support of HP and IBM servers and blade centers.
- Basic knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Netscaler, zVM/zLinux as well as other technologies like VMWare, AWS Cloud, Nutanix.
- Basic knowledge of Network Technologies, such as routers, switches, circuits and firewalls.
- Provide Disaster Recovery support such as the ability to execute backups and restores via CommVault.
- Ability to proactively anticipate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems in all areas.
- Understanding of System and Application Monitoring, Change Management and Problem Management.
- Support the Data Center Network, Mainframe and Server equipment both locally and at remote locations.
- Should be a solid communicator - verbal and written.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Fun Facts: World traveler, Avid beer collector, Amateur astronomer
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!