Data Protection System Specialist
Hartford, CT 06095
- Position: Data Protection System Specialist
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 10 months+
Our client is seeking a Data Protection System Specialist to work within the Storage team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall architecture design for all Data Protection Equipment.
- Responsible for organizing all code upgrades in support of product currency.
- Responsible for tech refresh of all equipment on a 4-year cycle as outlined by initiatives around automation and data protection through app development
- Evaluate and provide direction on future direction of the Data Protection environment.
- Review and evaluate all purchase decisions including cost analysis and any resource needs.
- Creating documents and diagrams for all engineering procedures.
- Provide 3rd level of support for troubleshooting issues in the data protection environment.
- Leading direction and support of the L2 data protection organization.
- Provide Global with engineering assistance and guidance.
- Being able to act as liaison and collaborator to all other teams.
- Knowledge in Data Protection Systems: Avamar, Networker, Data Domain, Cohesity, CommVault, Rubrik, Veeam, and Veritas
- Object Storage: ECS, StorageGrid
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, Linux, AIX and Solaris platforms
- Working knowledge of database structures: Microsoft SQL, Oracle, UDB/DB2, Mongo, PostgreSQL, NextGen Databases
- Cloud technology support experience AWS, Azure, and Google
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, and familiarity with firewalls, hubs, routers, switches, DNS, gateways, load balancing and basic network analysis/troubleshooting.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience interacting with all levels of organization Solid understanding of Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management
- Strong knowledge of data center infrastructure
Additional Skills: Network Analysis, EMC, AIX, Avamar, Cost Analysis
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.