Database Administrator (SQL Server or Oracle) - Remote
Hartford County, CT 06095
- Position: Database Administrator (SQL Server or Oracle) - REMOTE
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 18 months+
- REMOTE. Working EST hours
Our client is seeking an individual to design and build a SQL Server (preferred) or Oracle database that will be a source for reporting and ad-hoc analysis for the Value Management team.
Will also be responsible for:
- Sharing data requirements to the Jira Align project team and defining requirements for data extracts needed from Jira Align to populate the Value Management DB.
- Provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Database Administration & Management matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develops the most complex database systems for the organization.
- Coordinates with senior leaders to determine requirements. Analyzes, designs, creates and implements complex databases including access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Designs complex data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas. Liaisons with database software vendors and external technical support on issues such as software upgrades, problems and potential solutions.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation.
- May participate in vendor selection and relationship management.
- Leads project teams, monitoring project schedules and costs. Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Recognized internally as “ the go-to person” for the most complex Database Administration assignments.
- Experience Database access languages such as SQL and storage platforms such as S3.
- Strong communication - able to translate technical jargon for non-technical audiences to understand Business consultation experience required
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite including PowerPoint, Excel and Access Experience with Agile practices
- Experience with Atlassian products (preferred)
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or in any technical field that provides a solid basis for analytics or equivalent work experience. Masters preferred 5+ years' experience in database design and implementation
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.