Director of Information Technology (Infrastructure)
640 North 13th Street Northampton County, PA 18042
Job Title: Director of Information Technology (Infrastructure)
- Status: Direct Hire
- Salary: $130, 000 - $150, 000
- Relocation: Package available
We are currently seeking a Director of IT Infrastructure. This position requires 10 years of prior expereince.
Reporting directly to the CIO of the organization, the Director of IT will be responsible for the following:
Providing the overall technical direction for the evaluation and selection of computing and communications hardware and software products, working closely with alternate management members on technology issues effecting the business. This person will be responsible for implementing and maintaining reliable and cost-effective computer and communications technologies that support business requirements. Responsible for the planning and managing of corporate and company IT Infrastructure. In addition, this role will be responsible for network and server operations.
- Performance management
- Project progress guidance
- Evaluates, implements and maintains computer and communications hardware and software that supports the needs of the company
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the computer and communications industry
- Selects products and services which merit evaluation and/or implementation, based on business and technical judgment, subject to resources available
- Develops and monitors implementation plans and schedules
- Monitors existing systems and services for efficient operation; changes as required.
- Guides and supports site personnel in their implementation and use of computer and communications technology.
- Data Processing Standards Development
- Publishes standards and guidelines for the acquisition of computer and communications services.
- Reviews computer and communications projects for consistency with standards and guidelines.
- Develops and maintains hiring standards and training/development programs that ensure that the IT department maintains a high level of technical skill and proficiency.
- Trains department employees on computer and communications systems functions and operations as needed.
- Selects and monitors outside training programs and/or seminars/webinars for department personnel.
- Works together with technology leadership to select and interview technology talent.
- Master’ s Degree in systems and computer sciences or a related field strongly preferred. Must have a Minimum of a Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent in systems and computer sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of ten years of data processing experience, must be highly knowledgeable in computer and communications hardware and software, as well as in-depth knowledge of data center operations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well with various groups with different disciplines and varying degrees of technical experience.
- Exemplary communication and analytical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and take ownership as needed.
- Must be able to work in a team matrix environment, encouraging information sharing and knowledge seeking, and must possess business skills and have the ability to transfer these skills to others.
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to gather critical information and the ability to quickly diagnose problems and provide immediate solutions or escalations as appropriate.
- Self-directed, take initiative and be persistent when appropriate to accomplish necessary duties.
- Adaptable/flexible to changing work assignments, analytical, organized and detail-oriented, perform multiple tasks at once.
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, please contact Talon today. Excellent benefits and company culture with this leadership opportunity.
Referral bonus offered and paid.
Fun Facts: World traveler, Avid beer collector, Amateur astronomer
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!