440 9th Ave , 3rd Floor Manhattan NY, NY 10001
Job Title: Email Coder / Developer
Status: Full Time - Direct Hire
Remote: No - 4 days onsite 1 day remote
A top client of ours in NYC is currently seeking an Email Coder/Developer to join their growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for coding emails, working on template development, along with set-up, automation, integration and deployment of HTML/text email content going out to external customer base.
We are seeking professionals with excellent experience with HTML/CSS along with extensive email development experience. This is a team that values culture and teamwork. We are seeking a strong communicator who is well organized and has good attention to detail. In addition, we seek passion and a professional who enjoys crafting attractive, engaging, and creative experiences in the inbox.
- Manipulating and coding email assets, typically from layered artwork files, into HTML
- Render test and analyze coded HTML to ensure proper rendering across ISPS and platforms
- Upload content, create proofing lists and set up Email Campaigns within the Email platform
- Code dynamic content and map variables within the campaign set up to drive versioning and customization of emails
- Perform QA (Quality Assurance) on own work as well as conducting peer review of campaign set up and coding to ensure accuracy
- Working with Campaign Manager/Account Managers in coordinating and communicating content change requests and production schedule
- Meeting deadlines for content publication
- Code responsive emails using HTML/CSS with email best practices in Email Platform
- Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, including slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, QA’ ing against customer profiles, and addressing changes/revisions.
- Create scalable dynamic content logic by using our ESP’ s templating language and linking our backend data systems
- Serve as the point-of-contact for internal cross-functional teams (design, editorial, merchandising) on email campaign buildouts. Keep track of requests.
- Create & maintain version control of email development for our build/email deploy systems.
- Develop systems to organize code pieces and train the team on this system
- Quickly assess new projects (requirements) to identify level of effort and resources needed
- Serve as SME (subject matter expert) for coding and email design best practices. Provide training and mentoring to all email team members on code structure and the best practices to ensure consistency and the highest quality of output
- Collaborate with Web Development Team to create API calls to support transactional and triggered emails
- Support business requestors by revising static promotional emails to support commercial messaging as needed (“ marketing emails” and messaging).
- Own readability and accurate email rendering across all major North American email clients and devices
- Utilize SQL to connect audiences with dynamic code pieces
- Requires being on-call for occasional deployment/trouble-shooting outside of regular business hours
- Technical degree from a 4-year university
- 4 years writing HTML/CSS code
- Experience with the Emarsys platform a plus
- Proficiency with Object Oriented design, HTML, and CSS
- High level understanding of dynamic E-Commerce websites and processes
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, and efficient research skills
- Articulate communicator, analytical, quick thinker, problem solver
- Strong technical skills including expertise in HTML, Adobe Suite
- Understanding of Web development tools / technologies such as Flash, CSS, Photoshop
- Process and Project Management