Enterprise Monitoring Systems Engineer
Hennepin, MN 55344
- Position: Enterprise Monitoring Systems Engineer
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 18 months+
Our client is seeking an Enterprise Monitoring Systems Engineer who will support, administer and operate enterprise monitoring solutions. This role is with a multinational company and a leading global health services provider, dedicated to helping people improve their health, wellbeing and sense of security.
- Support monitoring products and solutions, to including implementation, migrations, documentation and de-commissioning
- Conduct periodic reviews and rationalize installed products
- Optimize and automate solutions to increase performance, availability and reduce cost
- Integrate infrastructure components into existing monitoring products
- Provide escalation support to engineering, operations and other staff
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing enterprise monitoring systems such as Spectrum, Network Node Manager, NetCool, TruSight, SolarWinds or Moogsoft
- Minimum of 3 years supporting commercial and open-source products on Linux and Windows
- Experience with Linux systems administration required
- Experience with Windows required
- In-depth knowledge using SNMP, MIBs and OIDs to monitor infrastructure components
- Experience desired with scripting and programming with Perl, Python or Powershell to leverage APIs
- Experience desired with Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle or another similar DBMS
- Basic knowledge of Wide and Local Area Networks
- Basic knowledge of network protocols and applications including SYSLOG, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, IPSec, NAT, ACLs
- Experience in customer service and/or operations
- Strong troubleshooting, documentation and communication abilities
- Experience working on Agile SCRUM & KANBAN teams
- Four-year university degree or college diploma in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required or equivalent work experience
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Baseball card collector, Foodie, Avid Mets fan.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!