Bergen, NJ 07030
Project Coordinator/Operations Support Analyst
Estimated Duration: 6 months+ (RTH potential)
Remote, EST hours
As a GIS Operations Support Analyst, you will ultimately help our clients be prepared in responding to catastrophic events such as Hurricanes, Earthquakes and Wildfires and their underwriters in evaluating all the scenarios before underwriting a risk. You will make it possible by using our leading technology platform and working with a team of experts including GIS Professionals, Meteorologists, Application Developers and Catastrophe Modelers
This is a technical Support role and the platform is used by clients globally. GIS experience is not required, but project management and QA background is preferred. Will be creating web maps and work closely with implementation, GIS team and project management team.
What you can expect:
- Drive the end-to-end maps onboarding process from development to production by working with Product Management, GIS, Catastrophe Solution Advisory, Application Development and Operations teams in weekly / biweekly cycles
o Be the primary point of contact to receive new / update map requests, collect all the data points and prioritize them by working with the Product Management team.
o Work with the development team to ensure necessary data is loaded and the services are created.
o Prepare deployment instructions and work with the implementation team to have it deployed.
o Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to have it tested and have all the open issues addressed.
o Work with the Change Management team to schedule the deployment in Production.
- Manage the library of map layers (both raster and vector), curating them and provide periodic reports to Product Management team on their usage.
- Understand the operating environment, technology and tools used and take up lightweight, repetitive technical tasks such as running SQL queries to prepare reports.
- Monitor blockers / errors / user escalations, research the root cause and gather all the information needed to help determine short and long term solutions.
- Own the entire process and help identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
What you need to have:
- Two or more years of experience in a technical environment in related areas such as Project Management, QA, Operations support etc.
- Very good analytics, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with excellent time management, project management, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Preferably, have worked in an Agile environment.
- GIS experience is a plus.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role. If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!