IT Project Manager
9801 Washingtonian Boulevard,Â 9th Floor Montgomery County, MD 20878
IT Project Manager
- Contract Duration: 1 year Contract Assignment
- Location: Montgomery County MD
Our client is seeking an IT Project Manager with a minimum of 2 years experience to join their team. Candidate must have experience managing IT technical projects, have MS Project/Office experience, and be able to put together plans, drive meetings and status updates for the life cycle of the project.
- Manage projects with overall responsibility for projects success or numerous mid to smaller projects based on business unit priority.
- Work with project sponsor(s) and the team to establish project performance goals, metrics and baselines.
- Develop financial estimates and other financial models, as necessary.
- Implement and follow Project Management Office standard methodologies, processes and tools, develop and maintains project documentation, work plans and project deliverables. Guide others in the use of the methodology and tools.
- Manage and motivate project teams, plan work assignments and schedules and ensure deliverables are completed on time and within budget. Guide and monitor work performance.
- Coordinate project activities with CVD IT, as appropriate.
- Accountable to local CMA leadership for project delivery and direction.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with team members, stakeholders, senior management and contacts. Communicate project status to identified stakeholders through routine status reports and meetings.
- Initiate and maintain issues logs, taking responsibility for identifying and coordinating resolution of all technical and business issues.
- 10- Ensure all project time is accounted for and project and team member activities are routinely collected and reported in standard fashion. Estimate resources needed on projects to ensure success.
- Where appropriate, coordinate vendor activities to ensure project success.
- Assist in the advancement of project management competencies, including development of methodologies and frameworks, development and conduct of education/training, completion of quality reviews and coaching/mentoring of others engaged in project management activities.
- Other duties as required.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!