IT Project Manager (Pharmacy Operations)
Whitestown, IN 46075
Senior Project Manager with Pharmacy IT exp
Estimated Duration: 12 months+
Local to Whitestown Indiana with some travel
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager with significant experience in Pharmacy Technology and who has 8-12 years relevant experience, or Master' s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
Candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provides counsel and advice to top management on significant Pharmacy Technology Project Management matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Responsible for managing, directing and planning multiple complex projects, or occasionally one highly-complex project, consisting of one or more project teams.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, maintaining working relationships with Pharmacy Operations outside of IT.
- Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
- Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives working with Technical Product Owners on prioritization and dependency alignment.
- Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
- Works with various IT and Business Units to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
- Recognized internally as the go to person; for the most complex IT Project Management assignments.
- Responsible for delivery and success of assigned strategic initiatives from a holistic view.
- Assess priorities against business value to ensure epic release schedule is aligned to business priorities.
- Optimize results within business and time constraints.
- Collaborate and facilitate communication and meetings with TPO' s, BPO' s, Domain Owners, Engineers, Scrum Masters and other leaders to assure full alignment.
- Define schedules, identify and manage dependences, solutions to business problems, and provide updates as priorities and schedules change.
- Escalate as needed keeping leadership aware of major risks and issues with mitigation and contingency plans. Drive activities to achieve aligned goals.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, and status reports. Conduct necessary meetings and is responsible for schedule and status tracking. Conduct presentations regarding initiative product status to cross functional IT teams and business/domain stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to project management process and project documentation standards.
- Extensive project management skills using various programs to prepare and execute business plans; Microsoft office applications; JIRA and Agile methodologies. Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication and organizational skills; eager to learn and adapt; should be able to act as change agent.
- Knowledge of PBM, healthcare industry helpful; advanced knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation; demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion; demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills; advanced facilitation and negotiation skills; ability to learn quickly and identify and challenge issues as they arise; advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must; willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and
Bachelor' s degree in computer science, project management or related field desired
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, Scrum Master Certification preferred.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role. If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!