ITIL Problem Management Analyst
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford, CT 06095
ITIL Problem Management Analyst
Estimated Duration: 12 months+
This role will have exposure to senior management, technical SMEs, and the authority to escalate requests to reduce risk as quickly as possible.
- This role includes direct oversight of critical problems (i.e. problems related to critical managed incidents) in the Problem Management Process including determination and completion of tasks including but not limited to related root cause identification, root cause elimination, monitoring and alerting, escalation, and testing, to ensure there are no repeat incidents.
- You will empower resources involved in the Problem Management by removing roadblocks and engaging management to facilitate completion of tasks.
- Assisting with appointing and identifying resources to complete Problem tickets and managing the resources assigned to the Problem Management process.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide off hour problem intake through the facilitation of managed incident post mortems. Identify and drive short term stability activity to reduce risk of recurrence.
- Have a passion for problem solving; relentlessly driving to root cause on complex issues.
- Liaise with all problem resolution groups to ensure swift resolution of problems within service level targets
- Liaise with suppliers, contractors, etc. to ensure that third parties fulfill their contractual obligations with regards to resolving problems and providing problem-related information and data Arrange, run, document, and coordinate all follow-up activities relating to major problem reviews
- Establishing rapport and close collaborative relationship with the service managers and production support leads, and have high level familiarity with the applications and services.
- Comfort with interfacing with senior management level, including presenting critical problems at daily and weekly review with senior management.
- Ensuring data accuracy and currency for Problem tickets. Develop deep understanding of the data including trends and themes. Provide recommendations on actions to address identified themes.
- Strong facilitation skills to enable quicker root cause identification and elimination by the resources involved in the Problem Management process.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills to lead matrixed teams.
- Ability to exhibit technical agility and ability in their related areas of support.
- Ability to exhibit organizational agility and acuity to assist with the completion of problem tasks and handling any escalations as necessary.
- Strong problem Solving skills
- 2-4 years of progressive hands-on ITIL experience (Foundations Certification preferred) Exposure to several Service Desk support models
- 1-2 years as an ITIL Process SME in either Incident, Problem, Availability or Change Management Demonstrated ability and experience in providing cross-organizational managerial leadership Demonstrated ability and experience in understanding drivers to business event readiness (eg, 1/1 Readiness)
- BA/BS degree or higher strongly preferred in Computer Science or related degree.
- Familiarity with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau.
- General knowledge of or previous experience with technical support in one or more application or infrastructure areas strongly preferred
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role. If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.