Java Solution Architect
70 Hudson St, Hudson County, NJ 07302
Java Solutions Architect
Contract to Hire: 3 months
Our client is looking for Sr Solutions Architects to help ensure that their developer’ s quality & design are good and to make sure all aspects of the system are good. They will be delegating tasks and will be held accountable for development. The main goal is to support the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of their application software.
- Ability to design solutions for issues
- Technical knowledge - Strong Java, updated technologies and versions.
- Ability to teach teams better ways to do things.
- Understand and develop code 20%
- Ability to multitask
- Strong Soft skills - will be interfacing with business users very frequently
- Very Hands on
- Leadership qualities
- 6 years of solution architecture experience
- Acquired understanding their vision, goals, business operations, and markets.
- Knowledge of current technological trends in the software development industry.
- Good working knowledge of system integration issues between diverse platforms (PCs, UNIX, and Windows).
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or other related business area preferred. Prior experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Effectively manage and / mitigate the risks, trade-offs, costs, or conflicts that may emerge between short-term project needs and end-state architecture goals when designing solutions and / or reusable architectural components.
- Participate as a member of the overall Architectural Services contributing and helping to move the team toward the goal of better fulfillment of business needs, cost savings, easier system integration, faster application deliver, improved system performance, lower maintenance effort, and greater resilience and adaptability to change.
- Conduct business area analysis, requirements definition, logical and detailed design, coding, testing, and implementation for all assigned development projects, according to departmental policies and procedures. Must be able to successfully complete medium-sized development projects in a timely and cost-effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Provide the domain knowledge of the application component portfolio and employ design best practices when participating in the management and development of reusable design patterns, objects, etc.
- Assist in the active management of the reusable software and platform components. Innovate and provide suggestions, planning, development of new reusable platform components and objects as part of this active management and / or during the course of project assignments.
- Provide full support for all application systems. System support includes, but is not limited to: problem resolution (business and non-business hours), user support, and system maintenance.
- Assist the Application Architects by participating in the management of the reusable components and architecture, recommending, planning, and documenting for the transition of it from current state technology to future state technology.
- Provide the necessary level of project management and control to keep all assigned projects on schedule
- Assist application architects in the proper planning (communication, standards, education) in support of the successful transition from current state development tools, objects and architectures to future state development tools, objects, and architectures.
- Assist in identifying and recommending automated solutions to business problems.
- Accurately track and record hours worked on assigned projects/maintenance
- Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!