330 West 34th Street Manhattan County, NY 10001
6+ month contract with possible Full time hire
Onsite in NYC
Support and implement global file servers and network environment at the corporate office and all affiliate locations. Support and implement global virtualization strategies. Support and implement global backup strategies. Support and implement enterprise storage systems. Support the user community through user access management, problem troubleshooting, software installation, onsite support coordination and call resolution tracking. Provide input on network strategies and investigate and recommend solutions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Configure and implement Virtual Servers using VMWare environment
- Upgrade VMWare environment as needed
- Proactively monitor EMC SAN environments, managing disk allocation, setting up new partitions, installing new disks and managing data transfers
- Configure new physical servers to act as file servers, application servers or domain controllers
- Implement and upgrade server Operating systems as required
- Administer LAN/WAN Networks, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot network systems.
- Administer VMWare infrastructure, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot virtual systems to keep optimal levels.
- Administer EMC SAN storage infrastructure, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot systems to keep optimal levels.
- Administer EMC replication infrastructure, perform daily maintenance routine and troubleshoot systems to keep optimal levels.
- Administer and maintain Active Directory infrastructure/replication, directory updates, user/group accounts, and troubleshoot systems to keep optimal levels.
- Maintains backup systems, via Commvault technology, for all offices and remote sites
- Monitor performance of all file servers and remote office servers. Provide recommendations on improving existing server performance. Identify when severs are reaching capacity and provide recommendations for proactively addressing potential capacity issues.
- Maintains anti-virus/malware systems for all office and remote sites servers.
- Responsible for administration of all network security and virus software
- Responsible for administration of all patching software
- Act as 3rd line of support for helpdesk
- Administer user accounts
- Setup and maintain SQL server environment, including versions 2005, 2008, and 2012
- Setup and support remote job sites and regional offices
- Investigate new LAN technologies which could increase Network efficiency and productivity under the direction of supervisor.
- Document LAN environment. Maintain policies and procedures documents
- Knowledge of SAN/shared storage concepts
- Proficiency with EMC VNX SAN platform
- Proficiency with Commvault backup platform
- Proficiency with VMWare – 6.5x VSphere platform
- Proficiency with Symantec EndPoint Protection anti-virus package
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Active Directory 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of DNS
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of DHCP
- Working knowledge of databases, including: Hyperion, Oracle, Oracle UPK
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of RAID groups, including RAID 1/0, RAID 5, & RAID 6
- Intermediate knowledge of MS SQL Server, including versions 2005, 2008, 2012
- Expert knowledge of HP servers, specifically HP ProLiant DL360 and DL380, including: Gen 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 models
- Documentation skills including proficiency with MS Visio and MS Project
- Ability to compile reports
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!