Level II Technical Support Specialist
900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06095
- Position: Level II Technical Support Specialist
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 15 months+
- Onsite in Bloomfield, CT
Our client is seeking a Level II Technical Support Specialist who will be part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and support of our client’ s Work At Home network. This position will provide oversight support on problem determination and problem resolution for remote VPN connectivity issues within the enterprise network. This person will be responsible for escalation and support of our level II technical support team. In addition, this person will assist in priority support of the Executive Support Team. This person will also assist when needed in the build and shipment of new builds or break/fix deployment. This position will ensure high quality network service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to network problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and network improvement initiatives.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Provide tier II support for remote user VPN access issues (22, 000+ users).
- Maintain delivery SLAs for remote user VPN equipment and break/fix requests- when needed.
- Respond to network outages and off hour outage escalations.
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall Network Service Delivery.
- Contribute to the design of new solutions for remote worker and remote VPN use cases.
- Provide periodic performance and capacity reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives.
- Will eventually be added to on-call rotation.
- Enterprise wireless or VPN experience- preferably Aruba.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Shipping and receiving of network inventory
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education: Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 3 years experience in all phases of remote client access or its equivalent in education and work experience.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!