Mainframe CA-7 Operations Specialist
Hartford, CT 06095
Job Title: Mainframe CA-7 Operations Specialist
Location: Onsite in Windsor, CT
Duration: 12 months+
We are seeking a Mainframe Operations specialist who has the following experience:
- Knowledge of ESP, CA7, IWS
- Knowledge of MVS, JES, CICS, DB2, and VTAM commands
- Knowledge of JCL, NDM, and FTP
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Service Now and Microsoft Office Product
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of general IBM Mainframe Operations experience
- Problem solving skills, ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Ability to prioritize work load Strong ability to build partnerships with staffs and leadership at all organizational levels
- Seasoned and well developed independent decision-making skills Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with Health Care or PBM industry helpful
- Must be highly flexible, adaptable and a self-starter with little to no leadership oversight
Role expectations include:
- Perform eyes-on-glass monitoring of our IT infrastructure using a variety of business standards and proprietary tools
- Raise incident tickets in response to monitoring
- Triage and resolve IT tickets in response to monitoring and user-reported issues
- Manage incident telephone calls and engage the proper teams for helping resolve incidents
- Document process, procedures, and technology used by the Enterprise Operations Command Center
Duties to include:
- Duties: Provides advanced professional input to complex IT
- Support assignments/projects.
- Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements moderately complex operating systems components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of computer systems.
- Makes moderately complex modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementation. Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule.
- Supports and provides direction to more junior professionals.
- Works autonomously, only requiring expert level technical support from others.
- Exercises judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation of both standard and complex techniques and procedures.
- Utilizes in-depth professional knowledge and acumen to develop models and procedures, and monitor trends, within Technical Support.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role. If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.