900 Cottage Grove Road Hartford County, CT 06002
Title: Middleware Administrator
Duration: 1+ year
- 8 + Years of experience in Information Technology, emphasis on Middleware and Enterprise Application Integration.
- 4+ Years of Experience in Apache Kafka
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX/LINUX OS administration.
- Experience in AWS Services
- Microsoft Azure, is a plus
- Experience working in a technical setting Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism Working knowledge of scripting languages Experience in SDLC, testing, deployments Experience in streaming data, is desired Strong verbal and written communication skills Team player
- Responsible for Managing the Hardware and Software for Kafka and its ecosystem components Work with vendors to understand their Roadmap on the production and implement any new solutions that are required for Kafka.
- Work with Application teams to gather future requirements to plan the growth of the infrastructure and expand as needed.
- Build the Kafka Solutions for both On-Premise and Cloud(AWS) Build Self Service Solutions for Applications that uses Kafka and other middleware products like IBM MQ and IIB.
- Implement Kafka in the Cloud and Support Applications that uses Kafka in the AWS and Azure Implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for Kafka.
- Build Automation Capabilities using tools like Terraform (AWS), Ansible, Git runner, Jenkins, Udeploy, etc.
- Kafka security (Kerberos, ACL, SSL, SASL, SCRAM, etc.).
- Research and implement the new capabilities for Enterprise Messaging Services Establish Cost models for Kafka, so we can charge back Applications based on their usage of Kafka Provide guidance and Support to Operations Team who manages the Middleware Messaging Products Manage the Work intake of Portfolio Projects for Kafka Work with Application Teams to review design and provide guidance on how they can use Kafka in their Solution.
- Designing and developing use cases throughout the SDLC environments like Development, Integration Testing, PVS, Staging and Production Monitor and Tune Kafka Environments for High-Availability, High-Performance, Scalability and Workload Management.
- Automate installation, configuration, upgrades, etc. of Kafka for reliability and consistency across all Environments Automate and introduce enhancements for Day to Day work, so the rest of team can perform Everyday activity with ease and consistency