PostgreSQL/ PL/SQL Tech Lead
400 Minuteman Road Essex County, MA 01810
- Job Title: PL/SQL Tech Lead
- Status: 6+ month Contract
- Remote: Yes – 100%
We are seeking an experienced PL/SQL Tech Lead with very strong Oracle and PostgreSQL database management experience. This role will bring a strong application focus from a database perspective to a major project, while implementing tokenization and encryption data-at-rest. Rigorous attention to detail, standards and best practices are crucial for this role. Ideal candidates will have refactored applications and databases from Oracle to Postgres in a public cloud environment. This person must have significant experience developing and tuning queries and procedural routines that are highly performant and maintainable and must be able to train and mentor others in these skills.
In this role you will bring practical hands-on SQL and PL/SQL expertise and oversight to a team of Java and SQL developers. Additionally, this role will provide database leadership to the project’ s DBA team. Preferred candidates will have excellent problem solving, communication and leadership skills. Will have prior experience with all phases of application programming and demonstrated knowledge in the software development implementation lifecycle especially from a database perspective.
- 7 + years’ experience in significant Oracle and Postgres development, including both SQL, PL/SQL and pl/pgSQL.
- 3 + years’ experience in a technical leadership role.
- Strong database capabilities
- Understand a variety advanced SQL techniques, and how to adapt and refactor complex Oracle SQL into effective and performant Postgres SQL statements.
- Practical experience utilizing SQL in an enterprise Java application environment utilizing JDBC.
- Strong PL/SQL coding skills, including database triggers, stored procedures and packages executed via application code and/or shell scripts.
- Highly proficient in refactoring Oracle to Postgres through the full development lifecycle, with a very strong focus on performance and quality.
- Strong knowledge of database and SQL concepts and understanding, and equally must be able to ingest, understand and design for customer-driven requirements SQL and procedure language.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of assigned SQL developers and DBAs and coordinate with the Java Tech Lead to provide practical database and SQL skills to Java developers.
- Analyze technical and business problems, define solution alternatives, and lead team to design, build and deploy recommended solution.
- Develop automation frameworks and tools where necessary to facilitate seamless refactoring.
- Ensure performance is scalable and robust on the target PostgreSQL databases on AWS EC2 and RDS Platforms by applying deep and practical performance tuning skills.
- Bring rigorous attention to quality and standards throughout the project lifecycle, including during code reviews and throughout unit, load and performance testing activities.
- Develop utility database scripts and processes to create data at scale for performance testing.
- Continuously improve skills with Oracle, PostgreSQL and AWS Cloud Platform.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Software Engineering or Technology, Computer Science or Information Technology, although consideration will be given to candidates with other degrees having relevant experience.
- A minimum of 7+ years of consolidated experience in Software Development or Systems Engineer and out of which at least 7 years of demonstrable experience as an accomplished SQL and PL/SQL developer.
- A minimum of 4+ years of consolidated experience in a technical leadership capacity.
- Must have a very strong Oracle & PostgreSQL background. Knowledge of other RDBMS Platforms such as MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server is desirable.
- Must have strong knowledge of DB performance factors and performance tuning, etc.
- Must have good soft skills such as verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have experience working on AWS Cloud Platform with good domain knowledge on services such as RDS, EC2, S3, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab or similar source code repositories. Experience with Jira and Confluence desired.
This is an urgent need on a high priority project if you fit the requirements, please contact Talon today! Full benefits available and include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!