500 Great Circle Road Nashville, TN 37011
Job Title: PostgreSQL DBA
Duration: 9 months
**Candidates must be able to work on our W2
In this role, this person will collaborate with our internal customers to deliver an enterprise-level database backend for top-tier applications. The ideal candidate will have experience moving data into a Postgres database from other DBMS technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage PostgreSQL database servers in all environments
- Design and implement redundancy and fail-over strategies
- Monitor and tune database performance
- Design and implement backup/restoration strategies per data retention requirements
- Provide insight to team leadership regarding best practices for PostgreSQL
- Diagnose and resolve issues Operate during mostly normal business hours with minimal after hours work
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Experience with database performance, scaling, clustering, and tuning concepts
- Experience administering RDBMS database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo, Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL.)
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise-wide
- Ability to quickly learn new database technologies that the team supports
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation, and prioritization skills
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value
- Proven track record of implementing small changes that have measurable impact Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!