Two North Ninth Street Lehigh County, PA 18101
- Job Title: QA Analyst
- Status: Contract (12+ months)
- Remote: No
Are you a QA analyst looking for an opportunity to work in a great environment and in a long term capacity? We have an opportunity for you.
This role will require some travel due to the requirement of visiting alternate sites locally, all travel expenses are reimbursable. MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) background is required along with additional screenings.
This role will require prior experience with the testing of IT Applications utilizing testing tools, preferably HPQC.
- 5+ years’ experience with Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- 3+ years’ of test coordination, manual, automation and performance testing tools (HP Suite of tools and/or Microsoft Test Manager/Team Foundation Server)
- Must have knowledge of testing techniques to cover all possible corner cases for testing, verification and validation techniques.
- Hands on experience on Test management tool HP Quality Center
- Proven knowledge of quality assurance and software testing methodologies SDLC and STLC in waterfall and agile
- Strong written and verbal communication – must be able to clearly articulate himself/herself and be able to effectively communicate with management and customers
- Must be a team player, quick responsiveness, contributor, coordinator, cooperative, understanding, polite and adaptive to accept changes in a complex changing environment
- Must be willing to accept direction from seniors, colleagues and management
Role and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Assist with detailed test strategy to support both waterfall and an iterative approach (Agile/Scrum) to software development and deployment
- Assist with test life cycle management and coordination
- Assist with the writing of detailed test plans and scripts both manual and automated
- Verify / review software and business requirements
- Have responsibilities in the process of traceability of requirements through to functional tests and defect lists
- Manual and Automated Test execution and daily status reporting
- Communicate and Track any quality risks, gaps or issues
- Estimate the test effort by applying appropriate estimation techniques
- Candidate must have prior experience and expertise in being able to create, publish and communicate test metrics/reports.
- Be detail oriented, have excellent writing & verbal communication skills and possess client facing skills.
Technical Knowledge/Skills (included but not limited to):
- Experience with HP Quality Center/ALM and Team Foundation Server - Must
- Experience with functional test automation tools: HP QTP and Selenium - Desired
- Experience with agile methodologies - Must
- Experience working in a Windows - Must
- Experience testing web and client server based applications - Must
- Experience in Oracle Database concepts and testing using SQL or other database platforms - Must
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel – Must
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, please contact Talon today! We offer excellent benefits along with referral bonus'.
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!